Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-07-2011, 05:41 AM
Power Poster

Elle, that is exactly what I am thinking about doing...using the machine to do the QITD when I attach the back. Your sewing lady is right...when you use that stitch- one stitch is brought up and is visible (the bobbin) and then the next stitch doesn't show (monofiliment). I was thinking about doing the between tris with it..but I'm wavering. If I do, then I can't say it is "hand quilted". I feel like I can still say that if I only do the QITD part to attach the backing.

Kathy...I'd love to come visit the "end of nowhere"! We can break out any beverage you would like and we'll switch between laughing at your stitches and mine :lol:!!

Lesley, thanks, I'll go check that out.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:35 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by violetsfarm
Lesley, I am not in this block party but I am viewing the photos and you have really made a beautiful quilt. I am really impressed. Violet
Aw, thanks Violet, you say the nicest things.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Power Poster

OK ladies....opinion time....

I'm down to deciding between 2 designs for my "betweens" I did a test of them today so you can see...I learned several things.

1. I don't like that "hand quilted stitch" on my machine. I don't like the "shine" of the mono....so I will be stitching these by hand.

2. I'm not sure of the varigated thread...maybe I should go to a plain dark tan or brown??

3. I need to pay attention to the seam allowance and be sure the design doesn't "overflow"....

4. As I was sewing my tests, I wondered about......trapunto for this part....any opinions of that?

Now, with that said...which do ya'll like the best? Remember I will be hand quilting them. Thoughts and opinions ladies...and I KNOW you aren't shy...so I'm anxiously waiting....

the 2 designs A= feathers B= whatever that is
[ATTACH=CONFIG]155578[/ATTACH]

test blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]155579[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-155573.jpe   attachment-155574.jpe  
Old 01-07-2011, 03:17 PM

Man Sandpat I was leaning towards the features and then I seen them actually done in the block. Now I am leaning towards design A.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:49 PM

Hi Kluedesigns
Do you think anyone would want to start the DJ quilt again :roll: I am just getting into it. I started to do the last January schedule for the year this month. It would probably be more fun to have someone to work along with.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Power Poster

Blinky...Klue is not doing anything with this thread or the activity any longer...but you GO girl! We have all commented on all the threads through the year..so if you want to start..just post on the week's thread where you are, we will get a notification and we'll be looking and cheering you on. We'll also be happy to help you along the way.

You might ask a general question in the main section on the board if you'd like...it seems like I have seen some posts lately of folks who are starting Jane. Then the group of you can feel free to post on the weekly threads and follow the schedule.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:15 PM

Thanks sooo much Sandpat. I worked on a DJ block all afternoon pp it. I just learned how to paper piece! Will post here if I run into problems. Don't you all go away :-(
Old 01-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Power Poster

I like A best Patti, I think it looks more finished - if I were to be doing the feathery one, I would want to join it up at the bottom. Also, I dont think it would take you quite so long.

Re varigated thread, I quite like it when I am machining, stippling etc., providing none of it 'disappears' into the background because it is too similar in colour. It just looks strange to me if that happens.

Well done for getting so close now - not much left to do.

(And just because you didn't mention it here, I am going to let everyone know you found your AOTH book) Stirrer, aren't I? LOL.

Edit, sorry, I see that Patti got there first with the same sort of advice, sorry Patti.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Blinky
Thanks sooo much Sandpat. I worked on a DJ block all afternoon pp it. I just learned how to paper piece! Will post here if I run into problems. Don't you all go away :-(
We won't go away and leave you Blinky - as Patti said, I am sure there are several on the board who have talked about it recently. Why don't you ask in a new thread on the main board? You might find a few to do it with, and post here on the BOM, and we could all pop in with ... ahem... helpful comments.

Besides which, several of us are going to be still coming to the BOM section as we want to make the Affairs of the Heart quilt when the Jane schedule is over.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Power Poster

Thanks Lesley....so you are thinking...the goofy looking one with the vertical melon shapes...not varigated...hand quilted...what do you think of the trapunto idea??

AND....Yup, ladies...I FOUND my AOTH book!!! (Lesley...ok..yes, I'm blushing from embarrassment...LOL!)

You keep going Blinky...we aren't going anywhere!