Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 07-20-2010, 07:43 PM

Lesley, absolutely stunning...I wonder how many hand stitches in the quilting :?: :shock:
Old 07-21-2010, 05:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by wilhelmina
Lesley, absolutely stunning...I wonder how many hand stitches in the quilting :?: :shock:
I think she should go count, don't you?

:lol:
Old 07-21-2010, 07:34 AM

I think that she is so determined to finish as per her label that she is beavering away, sore fingers or not.

Go Lesley Go

Elle
Old 07-21-2010, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

It's done. I actually finished stitching the binding on a couple of hours ago, and I have spent the remaining time getting rid of all the microstitch tacks. They are quick to go in, but take a bit longer to get them out, even with the little gadget.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't take a very good pic at the moment, because if I put it on my bed, I can't get back far enough to take a decent pic. I don't have a quilt stand here, and no spare bodies to hold it up for me. I will take it to my quilt meeting tomorrow and get them to hold it up for me. In the end, I draped it over the sofa so you could see it.

As for counting the stitches, I will count mine, if you count yours! (and you go first!) And yes, my left hand is a tad sore. I think the right hand has become used to the work, but my left hand has rebelled the last couple of days - it will recover, it was holding the binding and tucks between each scallop that did it.

And Patti, yes, it's a simply great feeling - come on everyone, I can highly recommend it, so I would love to see all your quilts coming along. I have no idea what I am going to do every evening now LOL. Well, I do really, I need to get Elle's IRR Border started, and I have a half knitted jumper I abandoned in February so I could motor on with Jane.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-73409.jpe   attachment-73410.jpe  
Old 07-21-2010, 09:07 AM

Takes my breath away, its huge as well as beautiful.

No wonder you didnīt have space for it to be hung up.

A big well done Lesley

Elle
Old 07-21-2010, 09:19 AM

WOW!! Congratulations, Lesley!!! Your quilt is gorgeous. I've not been checking in the board as I've been very busy with my DJ blocks and the blog---something has to give, you know. Since it can't be my family responsibilities LOL...it's been my time with board members.
Wishing you all the very best,
Heather
http://www.retrofabulous-retro.blogspot.com/
Old 07-21-2010, 11:05 AM

Lesley it is gorgeous as usual. Your work is outstanding.BTW I found my BAby Jane that was put in my store room when I came to Oklahoma...All hand pieced and I called her Singing the Blues Jane,as I made her with multi blues ,from pale to Dark.set together with a fine muslin. I have Rows A thru H done on her so if I have extra time on my hands I can finish her too. lol
Old 07-21-2010, 11:16 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jolo
Lesley it is gorgeous as usual. Your work is outstanding.BTW I found my BAby Jane that was put in my store room when I came to Oklahoma...All hand pieced and I called her Singing the Blues Jane,as I made her with multi blues ,from pale to Dark.set together with a fine muslin. I have Rows A thru H done on her so if I have extra time on my hands I can finish her too. lol
Wow Jolo, fancy having a three quarters made Jane kicking around and not telling us about it! We need photos.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:08 PM

Yes Jolo, fancy keeping that a secret. Cīmon we want pics please.

please, please please Elle
Old 07-21-2010, 06:26 PM
Power Poster

Oh good gosh....!!!! Another Jane in the works that you didn't admit to jolo??? :shock: We just MUST see Singing the Blues Jane!!! (Don't ya'll love how she throws in- I'll just finish her up too in my spare time!!!) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lesley...I know your sore hands will recover well before the "I'm finished" smile clears off your face. :D I don't believe I will be counting my stitches either...maybe I'll just take a wild guess.... :lol: I mean, who would ever doubt whatever you told them??? :wink: :lol: :lol: