Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 07-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Power Poster

Now Lesley, I've got to say...that is some boredom and really looking for something to do in the middle of the night to count all that! It scares me to think of the total number of stitches...you know its all ahead of the rest of us!!

I'm so happy you posted it in pictures...you deserve all the nice compliments. I know everyone is loving seeing it!
Old 07-24-2010, 02:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Now Lesley, I've got to say...that is some boredom and really looking for something to do in the middle of the night to count all that! It scares me to think of the total number of stitches...you know its all ahead of the rest of us!!

I'm so happy you posted it in pictures...you deserve all the nice compliments. I know everyone is loving seeing it!
Thanks Patti, I have been a bit overwhelmed with all the lovely comments, somehow I didn't expect that - I am rather a shy person deepdown.

Anyway, I will continue to come here and spur you all on - I want every one of you to get the same feeling I have had the last couple of days, it's half way between a great sense of achievement, and relief that it's done! LOL. I am now looking forward to enjoying it for a good while to come. I haven't ever got tired of looking at all the blocks - even though I remember how some of them were real so and so's to get together.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:56 AM

Thanks Lesley for your support. I gave my friend Izy the link to your DJ on the board and she sends her congratulations she thinks its beautiful.

I am up to week 31 but haenīt touched DJ for a week. Have some running repairs to do but when that is finished will continue with the quest.

Elle
Old 07-24-2010, 05:42 AM
Power Poster

Well, I haven't been able to make the time to work on Week 30 yet...but Elle....you will be proud of me.....I picked the paper off of 21 blocks last night :lol: It was hard tooo with that pesky cat on my lap, but somehow I managed. Lesley, is it the end of the world as we know it if there are some teeny bits that I just couldn't get to come out???

And Lesley, shy or not...you deserve the comments...you did a fabulous job and yes...you BETTER keep coming here...we NEED you!
Old 07-24-2010, 06:13 AM

Lesley, you have earned all the comments and more, it is such an enormous task to make one of these quilts and to finish it in less than 7 months! Enjoy all of the compliments! :)

I have 2 blocks finished for Week 29, but I have three dress to hem for the wedding party. I may be able to squeeze some time in to work on my blocks anyway...
Old 07-24-2010, 06:15 AM

Well done Patti, 21 wow, I didnīt dothat many in one night I know for a fact. I had a plastic bag pinned on to the table with a clip to catch all the pesky bits of paper. I have it on authority that when you wash the quilt the paper gradually disintegrates. It better coz I have some itzy bits left.

Elle
Old 07-24-2010, 06:16 AM

Lesley I agree with Patti, you deserve every one of those comments you did an amazing job on that quilt.

Elle
Old 07-24-2010, 07:08 AM
Power Poster

Oh good Elle...I was pretty sure that they would disentegrate...but.... :roll:
Old 07-24-2010, 07:24 AM

Hello. I'm back! Boy have I missed you ladies! My poor computer picked up another virus the last time I was in this Forum and it completely bamboozled my computer for a solid week before my hubby could fix it. I'm finally getting the courage to come here again & it should be fine now that I have the firewall back up on my router.

My time with my 2 yr old grandson went by much too quickly! We were all worried that 2 weeks was too long away from mom and dad but he was fantastic!!! What a great kid! He even did great on the drive home, which was a 16 hour trip. I'm glad he wasn't with us the next day though. We turned around and came straight home & due to construction and accidents, it took us from 8:30am to 4:00am to complete the trip. It wouldn't have been so bad but we took my tiny car to save on gas money. My husband looks like he's climbing out of a clown car and it was brutal on our knees!

I spent the past week in bed with migraines recovering from that trip. I am no longer a spring chicken and I have discovered (or realized) that I can no longer do those long one-day turn around trips like that anymore!!!

Except for this past week I've been pretty good at trying to keep up with my DJ blocks. I did a lot of the applique while Eli was here. I do have to admit that I hate the cutting instructions on the software. I finally feel as if I've got a good number of the blocks done now. I've a long way to go but at least I'm on my way. 8-)

Did everyone enjoy their Fourth of July? Well, for those who are in the US. I hope everyone is having a great summer!!
Old 07-24-2010, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Hello. I'm back! Boy have I missed you ladies! My poor computer picked up another virus the last time I was in this Forum and it completely bamboozled my computer for a solid week before my hubby could fix it. I'm finally getting the courage to come here again & it should be fine now that I have the firewall back up on my router.

My time with my 2 yr old grandson went by much too quickly! We were all worried that 2 weeks was too long away from mom and dad but he was fantastic!!! What a great kid! He even did great on the drive home, which was a 16 hour trip. I'm glad he wasn't with us the next day though. We turned around and came straight home & due to construction and accidents, it took us from 8:30am to 4:00am to complete the trip. It wouldn't have been so bad but we took my tiny car to save on gas money. My husband looks like he's climbing out of a clown car and it was brutal on our knees!

I spent the past week in bed with migraines recovering from that trip. I am no longer a spring chicken and I have discovered (or realized) that I can no longer do those long one-day turn around trips like that anymore!!!

Except for this past week I've been pretty good at trying to keep up with my DJ blocks. I did a lot of the applique while Eli was here. I do have to admit that I hate the cutting instructions on the software. I finally feel as if I've got a good number of the blocks done now. I've a long way to go but at least I'm on my way. 8-)

Did everyone enjoy their Fourth of July? Well, for those who are in the US. I hope everyone is having a great summer!!
Welcome back Tiffany. My that was a trip and a half. Definately not one for me.

Have you posted pics of the blocks you have done?

C'mon you know we like pics.

Elle