Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 07-25-2010, 08:32 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Lesley, I'm so glad you showed the back...I think it will be just fine like that...after all...most of the batting does say that you can quilt...x" apart"...what type of batting did you use..W & N?

Elle...I can't wait to see more pics of your fan quilt...I know it is spectacular!
Yes Patti, W&N it's the first time I have used it! (previiously our LQS has only stocked 2oz polyester.)
Old 07-25-2010, 09:01 AM
KR

Thanks, Lesley! The closeup photo of the back really helps. Now I'm off to work on some more blocks. Have a wonderful day! Karen
Old 07-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Power Poster

Lesley, I'm so glad you showed the back...I think it will be just fine like that...after all...most of the batting does say that you can quilt...x" apart"...what type of batting did you use..W & N?

Elle...I can't wait to see more pics of your fan quilt...I know it is spectacular!
I think in the Hancocks of Paducah catalogue, they quote 'up to 8 inches' for quilting, so I am well within those limits, in fact I don't think there is anywhere quilted more than 2 inches apart - it is only the backing that is more.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ProLongarmARTQUILTER
Oh Lace I do hope you're still gonna lead us with the Blocks, Makes me want to do em up and yes I'm still here although I don't say much, Sand You should do what I did I got some water soluable Paper It's wonderful!!! Tiff, Glad you're back!!!I'm working on week 30 and ready for week 31,
No Pro, I will still be here, cheering you all on, I want you all to feel the way I do now, however long it takes.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by ProLongarmARTQUILTER
Oh Lace I do hope you're still gonna lead us with the Blocks, Makes me want to do em up and yes I'm still here although I don't say much, Sand You should do what I did I got some water soluable Paper It's wonderful!!! Tiff, Glad you're back!!!I'm working on week 30 and ready for week 31,
Obviously I missed a really good discussion (probably several). What is this about the water soluable paper? Is it printable? If so, can you post the link where you buy yours? I've reached an irritation point with the paper I'm using, which is simply too thick, and I need to either buy some better paper or try this water soluble stuff. Not having to take the time to rip out the paper would be grand!

I haven't got my blocks out to take a comprehensive photo yet, but I do have this --> granson sitting at my expensive sewing machine and all sorts of excited. It's one of my all-time favorite photos!! How can you not smile when looking at this? :D

EDIT: :lol: You can even see a print out sheet for one of my DJ blocks sitting behind my sewing machine. Proof I'm still hard at work on my quilt! :lol:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-71251.jpe  
Old 07-25-2010, 11:43 AM

Ouch. Ignore the mess behind the grandson. I'm in desperate need of more shelving! (And evidently a maid!)
Old 07-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Power Poster

Tiff, that is one really cute picture, and no need to ignore what's in the background, it's 10 times tidier than mine.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:47 PM
Power Poster

Oh Tiff...what a cutie! And I DO see the block printed out! I haven't tried the water soluable paper...I'm really cheap though, so I'm assuming it will be expensive. I use a cheap tablet of tracing paper from Walmart. You can find it in the "art" department. I trim it to 8 1/2 x 11...it is a little larger than that, it prints beautifully and tears really easily. I took the paper out of 21 blocks in a couple of hours in front of the tv the other night. Its cheap too...thats the best part :wink:
Old 07-25-2010, 07:29 PM

Oh Tiff...what a cutie! And I DO see the block printed out! I haven't tried the water soluable paper...I'm really cheap though, so I'm assuming it will be expensive. I use a cheap tablet of tracing paper from Walmart. You can find it in the "art" department. I trim it to 8 1/2 x 11...it is a little larger than that, it prints beautifully and tears really easily. I took the paper out of 21 blocks in a couple of hours in front of the tv the other night. Its cheap too...thats the best part :wink:
Now that is an excellent idea!! I just added it to my shopping list and hopefully I'll be able to pick some up soon.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:34 PM

Questions Patti, Do you trace your blocks out then? or do you put it through your printer?