Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures. >

1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures.

1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:34 AM

Bevysue - love your church, esp the sky!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by BATIKQLTR
This block got the best of me.......I will conquer it eventually though. I pieced the roof section first, then the windows and they were not the same size. I went solely by the little test square.....next time I will match the pattern pieces before starting. As a result, there is no back wall on my little church (only way to make it line up with the roofing). And I will appllique the windows, door and steeple when I make the next one.
The heavens are shining down on your Church - beautiful effect.
If I didn't know what the pattern was, I would never know that you are missing an end. I say keep it as is - when the rest of the 'houses' are added, your Church will blend right in.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:50 PM

I am so thankful this block came when it did. My grandmother passed away last night, at 98. The family decided that since she quilted so much, they wanted a flower arrangement around a quilt block. We will be using this church block for that. It was pure fate. Thank everyone so much.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by bevysue57
I am so thankful this block came when it did. My grandmother passed away last night, at 98. The family decided that since she quilted so much, they wanted a flower arrangement around a quilt block. We will be using this church block for that. It was pure fate. Thank everyone so much.
Sorry to hear of your grandmother. What a great honor for you that this block will be used. Just another good memory of your grandmother.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:30 PM

Beautiful!
Old 01-12-2011, 02:07 PM

Bevy, I'm so sorry for your loss, your family will be in my prayers
Old 01-12-2011, 02:17 PM

I finished my bom church and I had a lot of problems..this was my first attempt at PP. The biggest problem I had was at the end when I was trying to remove the paper. It loosened my stitches and I did have problems lining things up. It would of help if I had a picture to go by.. I think I will print out a pic of someones block when I attempt the next one. This one is falling apart at the seams now.. :( So back to the sewing board for another try. The roof is not fitting very well either.. any suggestions of things to do on my next attempt???
Attached Thumbnails attachment-158965.jpe  
Old 01-12-2011, 02:22 PM

So sorry to hear about your grandmother. What a lovely thought to have the flowers and the quilt block in an arrangement together.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by laureneberhard
Sorry to hear of your grandmother. What a great honor for you that this block will be used. Just another good memory of your grandmother.
I think Lauren expressed my thoughts exactly... 98 wow..I bet she was an awesome lady :)
Old 01-12-2011, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jenniky
I finished my bom church and I had a lot of problems..this was my first attempt at PP. The biggest problem I had was at the end when I was trying to remove the paper. It loosened my stitches and I did have problems lining things up. It would of help if I had a picture to go by.. I think I will print out a pic of someones block when I attempt the next one. This one is falling apart at the seams now.. :( So back to the sewing board for another try. The roof is not fitting very well either.. any suggestions of things to do on my next attempt???
when you sew on paper use 1.5 length in stitch...the smaller the stitch the easier to remove the paper....ck the inch block on the printout and make sure all pieces are printing out correct size...some had problems with that and had to enlarge certain protions...looks like your scale is off on the roof....