Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures. >

1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures.

1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:42 AM

OK just in my opinion, I like the background colors of the first block and the church windows in the 2nd. but in all, you done great!! There's good in both blocks...keep it up! You're on a roll! :thumbup:
Old 01-14-2011, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Carol B.
This is my first attempt at paper piecing -- actually it's my first block period. When it was finished I really didn't like my fabric choices and the pattern wasn't right. (One window is bigger.)
This is my second attempt. Pattern tweeked and I sure like these fabric choices better. I did add window sills and a window in the steeple. I think it still needs something -- help!!
I just have to add that I really like both of the blocks!! :thumbup: Like some other ladies have said it would be nice to have more than one church in their little housing community blocks!! Great Job!!
:D :D :D :D
Old 01-14-2011, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
This is my first attempt at paper piecing -- actually it's my first block period. When it was finished I really didn't like my fabric choices and the pattern wasn't right. (One window is bigger.)
This is my second attempt. Pattern tweeked and I sure like these fabric choices better. I did add window sills and a window in the steeple. I think it still needs something -- help!!
I just have to add that I really like both of the blocks!! :thumbup: Like some other ladies have said it would be nice to have more than one church in their little housing community blocks!! Great Job!!
:D :D :D :D
I know I would like to make another church but that one template A is a doozy! I emailed Marcia Hohn letting her know about the error. I'm really hoping she can correct this. It'll make it so much easier and not near as much stress!
Old 01-14-2011, 12:33 PM

OMG!!! I can't believe this!! I posted that I emailed Marcia Hohn about the CHURCH Block...I no sooner posted that and went back to my mail...she replied!! The following is the answer she gave.. I hope this helps!!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Fri, Jan 14, 2011 3:21 pm
Subject: RE: Error on CHURCH

Hello! I believe it will be a BROWSER setting you need to adjust..not a printer setting!

I am on the pattern now, using Internet Explorer 8, Windows Vista, on a PC.

From here, to check those settings, I would left click on the word FILE near the left top of the browser window, and then left click on the word “Page Set-up” in the list that drops down. In the Page setup box..you need to check to see that the phrase ENABLE Shrink-to-Fit is NOT check marked. If it is..uncheck that! Are you able to change your settings in this way? If not…write back, and please let me know what browser you are using, and what version of it, as well as if you are using a MAC or a PC. I will help if I can!

Another thing to try is this:

If you are using IE as your browser, click on FILE and then on PRINT...when the Print window opens click on the Preferences Button...then on the "Effects" tab...and make sure there is a dot/check mark by "Actual Size"

Also…the site FAQ page, about3/4 of the way down, has other tips and tricks to get things to print out correctly if you are having troubles! http://www.quilterscache.com/FAQ.html

Each browser a person could be using, and each version of it, will have some variation on that settings location. Almost all browsers offer the choice to either “fit to page”…OR …”shrink-to fit”-…OR…”enable resizing”---some variation on that phrase.

Let me know!!

Marcia :o)
Old 01-14-2011, 12:40 PM

Great news...pretty easy fix too.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by AgapeStitches
I'm hoping, I've not had the chance to figure it out yet, when I do I'm doing another church...maybe enough to make a wall hanging. :-P
Old 01-14-2011, 12:47 PM

Everyone's blocks look wonderful! I know I've posted that before but we've had many more posted since then.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
I'm hoping, I've not had the chance to figure it out yet, when I do I'm doing another church...maybe enough to make a wall hanging. :-P
Print out the email so you will have it in hand to read as you follw the steps.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
Print out the email so you will have it in hand to read as you follw the steps.
HA! I feel so stupid! I didn't think of that! :lol: Thanks, doing it now...been sorta busy though, Daughter coming over but I wouldn't had thought of that, I would have gotten in the middle of the printing and then thought of it!! HA! :lol: Thanks again!
Old 01-14-2011, 01:10 PM

Re: A Template...What I did was just enlarge by 115% on my photocopy machine and it came out exact to the once inch and match size to others...