Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures. >

1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures.

1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Momofthree
I finally did my block tonight. I really enjoyed doing PP. I saw the messages from some of you ladies that were having problems with one of the pages not printing the correct size, so I watched for that and didn't have a problem. Thanks!

I am using Basic Grey Origins fabric.
Your Church block really shows that you enjoyed making it!! :thumbup: I am so glad you joined in on the 2011 BOM project. I think everyone is having way to much fun!! I LOVE it.
:D :D :D :D
Old 01-18-2011, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by toniraemoore
I finally figured out how to add my pictures! I was wondering if I really have to wait till the first of every month to get the next Block! LOL :lol:
Yes, you will just have to wait & admire your lovely Church block until the first of February!! :D If you get tired of waiting, you can always make a second Church block or join in on the 2011 Star BOM, on the 15th of each month. Keep those hands busy!! Love your Church.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by dakj89
Here is my church. This is my first time paper piecing and my first BOM!! I am doing the star BOM too, so it should be a busy year!!
Oh how I love your Church block!! :D The fabric in your windows is really very striking!! :D So many of you are telling us that this is your first time pp'ing, but it looks like everyone one of you are pro's already. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us!!
Old 01-18-2011, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Laura F
2nd church block finished. I still need to make one more. I'm learning more each time I do pp. This is my second time doing pp (if you don't count the redos). I'm loving all the different fabrics.
Your orange windows just brighten your Church block right up!! :D Did you DH pick out the fabric for this block? Your first block with the yellow windows was just as lovely!! I am so thrilled that everyone hasn't been afraid to used some color, in their wonderful block's!! :D Your quilt is going to be fantastic!!
Old 01-18-2011, 04:41 AM

Everyone blocks are all turning out so nicely. I keep coming back and hoping the pics will get me going. I have everything ready to go and....I feel stumped. I avoided the sewing rm like you wouldn't believe yesterday..hey my house got a good cleaning...lol
Old 01-18-2011, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
Originally Posted by Laura F
2nd church block finished. I still need to make one more. I'm learning more each time I do pp. This is my second time doing pp (if you don't count the redos). I'm loving all the different fabrics.
Your orange windows just brighten your Church block right up!! :D Did you DH pick out the fabric for this block? Your first block with the yellow windows was just as lovely!! I am so thrilled that everyone hasn't been afraid to used some color, in their wonderful block's!! :D Your quilt is going to be fantastic!!
My DH was supposed to pick which fabric to use, but he was out with his model trains building mountains and so I went ahead with out him. I wouldn't let him see it until it was finished. I will have him pick out the fabric for my last church block. :)
Old 01-18-2011, 07:04 AM

WOW!
It has taken me awhile to get caught up on all the pictures!
It is wonderful to see all all the variations. We have some very creative people! Great job everyone!
Old 01-18-2011, 07:17 AM

Laura......

I really like your darker sky fabric. I might try another church and use some "starry" night fabric also. And I love polka dots, so the roof is fantastic. Good Job!!
Old 01-18-2011, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by BATIKQLTR
Laura......

I really like your darker sky fabric. I might try another church and use some "starry" night fabric also. And I love polka dots, so the roof is fantastic. Good Job!!
Thank you. My DH is going to pick fabric and tell me where to use it for my last church block that I want to make. I wanted to make a larger quilt and I read somewhere on here how another lady is planning her time. I will be making 3 blocks on odd months and 2 blocks on even months, so I should have 30 blocks at the end of the year. I'm doing the same thing for the star bom.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:19 AM

Everyone's church is so unique. I love each of them.

I have a question. When you want to ask something about any of them or say something, how do you put their "quote" in to show whose you are responding to? Their quote is in a little box type paragraph. Clear as mud what I want to say, isn't it?

Mary