Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 OCTOBER 2013 Quilt-Block-of-The Month PHOTO"S.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Momma_K View Post
    I liked all of the pics but loved the camping ones!! I hope to be able to get back into the quilting phase again, just so much has gone on this year. I've moved in may and was never able to get my tables and machines back up and going. Miss everyone, but one I can always count on seeing positive results from is Sula Bug!
    WELCOME back to the Quilting Board. I sure hope that you can get your tables set up & your machines out, as we have missed you too!! Sewing is so good for the soul & to keep our hands busy in a good way. I hope you are enjoying your new place & I look forward to see you posting more.
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Thanks, SulaBug, glad you like this block. I was very friendly with my ripper after my 1st attempt, whew, boy howdy it was very ugly. Glad I didn't give up. Mary likes it, too, that's a good thing. Only need 12 more blocks, yeah!

djmat, neat twist of the colours on your pretty block.

thanks thimblebug, thought your butterflies on your block were going to jump out of my computer, delightful!

DJ, I really love how you used the white lace looking fabric through the center, it looks lit is truly going through the other colors!
    :-)
    CAS

I think I like paper piecing but cannot believe how I struggled with this one! It was just one silly mistake after another. Just mindlessly using the wrong color in the right place for example! Or lining up the sections right but sewing down a line no where near the edge. You gotta see this one, I sent it to DH for a giggle so I have it on my phone.. just a sec, let me see if I can transfer it (new phone, no brain....) Oh, here it is:

I mean, how could I not notice the extra inch of fabric hanging off the side? Name:  OOPS.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  90.9 KB

I re-sewed my seams several times trying to make things "perfect" and then once again realized no one is going to notice but me, so did the best I could and I consider it done! I think it's a little small again. I'm wondering how I'm going to put the quilt together -- but that is a worry for another day! Have a great weekend BOtM group!

Name:  OCT 2013.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  158.2 KB
    CAS

CAS, your blocks are always marvelous!
    Here's an additional block for Mary's big bed, kinda looks like Legion of Merit award. I appliqued the center flower patch to give it depth, hope she likes it. Just couldn't do another bold yellow!
    Name:  DSCF1698.JPG
Views: 251
Size:  182.4 KB

Cas your block turned out great! Once the paper comes off when it's ready to be put into a quilt, there will be some "fudge" allowance, right? (at least that's what I'm hoping for)

Printed out the pattern, now to go make it! Wish me luck, the ones so far look awesome...

Name:  IMG_3504.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  118.4 KBI thought this was hard! Maybe because I am tired and on a diet LOL! Only two more to go....

Thanks Thimblebug, I don't think there is much allowance, hopefully at least 1/4" but my blocks are all different sizes, so I guess I'll have to add sashing in different sizes to make squares?

DJ, I really like that, especially the center flower.

Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
    Cas your block turned out great! Once the paper comes off when it's ready to be put into a quilt, there will be some "fudge" allowance, right? (at least that's what I'm hoping for)
    CAS

My Caned Seat block. CAS, I am glad to see that someone else has blocks of different sizes. This one is 13.5 inches, aaargh!
    Name:  QB BOM 005.JPG
Views: 202
Size:  82.1 KB
    Sweet Caroline

That's pretty Sweet Caroline. Love your nickname -- do you like Neil Diamond?

Yes, I'm wondering how we'll put them together. This is my first year doing the BOTM. I think I'll lose some of the design, cutting the edges off so I can sew it together.
    CAS

October 2012 BOM

I'm back from my trip, caught up with this block, but have others to do. Hope I get all caught up with everything I need to so I can start fresh in November. Love all your blocks. Can't wait for the last two months.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

Gosh, I need to get mine made!

Hugs,
    Betty

Quote Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
    That's pretty Sweet Caroline. Love your nickname -- do you like Neil Diamond?

Yes, I'm wondering how we'll put them together. This is my first year doing the BOTM. I think I'll lose some of the design, cutting the edges off so I can sew it together.
    Yes, I am a Neil Diamond fan. My sashings will be black so I think I will fiddle with their sizes to make the blocks come together.
    Sweet Caroline

I'm hoping to use the same background fabric also. I should have bought more "just in case". lol.

I think Neil Diamond's "Hot August Night" is an excellent album.

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    Yes, I am a Neil Diamond fan. My sashings will be black so I think I will fiddle with their sizes to make the blocks come together.
    CAS

Love these last 2 blocks that have been posted, great colours!

Guess I should post my picture, have had the block done for a couple weeks, keep forgetting to post it..DUH.. I struggled with it, had it put together, and just didn't look right. So, showed my buddy, CajunBear & had 2 opposite corners done wrong!! Took it apart, carefully so not to stretch edges. It was then back to the sewing machine!! Finally got it together correctly (if not it's staying that way!!) I do like how it turned out tho. That is not a border around it, it's laying on my sewing rm. carpet. ;o)

Name:  Oct '13 BOM-Caned Seat.JPG
Views: 162
Size:  57.4 KB
    Last edited by Oksewnsew; 10-20-2013 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Add words

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
    Guess I should post my picture, have had the block done for a couple weeks, keep forgetting to post it..DUH.. I struggled with it, had it put together, and just didn't look right. So, showed my buddy, CajunBear & had 2 opposite corners done wrong!! Took it apart, carefully so not to stretch edges. It was then back to the sewing machine!! Finally got it together correctly (if not it's staying that way!!) I do like how it turned out tho. That is not a border around it, it's laying on my sewing rm. carpet. ;o)

Name:  Oct '13 BOM-Caned Seat.JPG
Views: 162
Size:  57.4 KB
    Love your Fabrics
    Have an awesome day!

Jean your block turned out great! usually it's you telling me I've put the block together wrong! Lol it's good to have a good friend!

hugs,
    Cajun

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  249.7 KB
    Finished right before we left for our cruise to warmer climes. Now we're back & it's pretty chilly this morning.
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

Very pretty OksewnSew! I love your fabrics too!
    CAS

mimi..... Wow the colorws are great.

Thanks. I'm using all the same prints for all the blocks..They look neat all put together. There's a turquoise & a brown that goes with them, but couldn't use all colors on this block..

Quote Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
    Very pretty OksewnSew! I love your fabrics too!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast