Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
11th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Ready To Start Today >

11th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Ready To Start Today

11th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Ready To Start Today

Old 09-01-2015, 05:24 PM

This particular train ride is so neat. Love when the project requires a large print focus fabric and then pulling some colors from that. One of my favorite ways to plan a quilt. Love everyone's choices.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:38 PM

Great. I really need a new table runner. Looking forward to a great ride. Thanks, Judy.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
Vicki, Your new fabric is great. I love that black with swirling leaves. Very striking. You sound like one busy lady. All that sewing and a move besides. I would be going crazy. Are you going to stay in Florida? We are at opposite corners of the continent. I do like it here in the Pacific Northwest.
Nope...moving to N.C. Will be southwest of Raleigh. My daughter lives in Willow Spring but works in Raleigh. So will be about 1/2 hour from her around the Smithfield area...if we can find an acre to buy to build the house on. Got the finished plans from the archetec last week. Built this house in 1993...so have LOTS of weeding out to do! Most people downsize at our age 65+, but guess we're not normal cuz the house is about 500 sq. feet larger than this 2400 sq. foot house...but we want what we want! So, we will still be opposite corners, kind of......
Old 09-02-2015, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by BettyB View Post
Here are my fabric choices. I think I will make two runners.
Love these color choices. I can see something beautiful coming out of it.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
I'm thinking this might be one I could do too, but wondering if it's okay if the focus fabric is directional? I have a bird fabric that I would like to use but wouldn't want them standing on their heads.... am I correct that neither B nor C should be directional? I have a coordinating fabric that has a line in it but will save it for another project if directional for B and C isn't recommended, thanks!
Personally, I myself wouldn't use directional for focus but it could be used if you have a bit extra in order to make the blocks go the same way and if the print isn't too large.. As to B and C being directional, I don't think I said they couldn't be used, only that if you had a directional, don't use more than one. And if you are going directional with B or C, same thing -- allow a bit extra to make sure you can get the directions of the prints going as you want them.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
This particular train ride is so neat. Love when the project requires a large print focus fabric and then pulling some colors from that. One of my favorite ways to plan a quilt. Love everyone's choices.
how large are you planning on your A fabric?
Old 09-02-2015, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
Nope...moving to N.C. Will be southwest of Raleigh. My daughter lives in Willow Spring but works in Raleigh. So will be about 1/2 hour from her around the Smithfield area...if we can find an acre to buy to build the house on. Got the finished plans from the archetec last week. Built this house in 1993...so have LOTS of weeding out to do! Most people downsize at our age 65+, but guess we're not normal cuz the house is about 500 sq. feet larger than this 2400 sq. foot house...but we want what we want! So, we will still be opposite corners, kind of......
Sounds good to me, as long as that extra 500 sq ft goes into your sewing room.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:28 AM

Vicki, Betty, pokerdiva, jeannie -- love those fabrics
Suzisew - welcome
Lynnie and dd - those colors sound sooo pretty

NOTE; Take a look at Jeannie's fabrics - she has a largE scale print, but the patterns are close together, not a lot of background, so it will work ok. When a large scale has lots of background, the pattern will get lost unless you are using large blocks, which you will NOT be using with this pattern.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:52 AM
Power Poster

is it Saturday yet?!?!
Old 09-02-2015, 11:02 AM

Okay I think I'll go with the blueberries as my accent fabric, don't want extra work using the bird directional focus fabric, thanks! [ATTACH=CONFIG]529592[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mystery-runner-2015-qb001_edited-small-.jpg