Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
11th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Ready To Start Today >

11th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Ready To Start Today

11th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Ready To Start Today

Old 09-11-2015, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bluebonnets View Post
All are beautiful but I'm really looking forward to seeing number three all together, Dotty.

Tomorrow is the day for another clue! Not sure I can play tomorrow. I ordered a 4.5" square from JoAnn on Monday and the best I can tell it's not even processed yet. Bummer, was a good price tho. Anyone know of another way to trim their blocks?
I use my 6"or my 6 ½" square rulers to square up my blocks to the 4 ½ " size. Just lay the diagonal line from the ruler on your sewn diagonal line and trim the top and right sides, then turn your cutting mat and line up your 4 ½" lines on your previous cuts making sure the diagonal is true.... then trim. I couldn't possibly afford a ruler for every size square I wanted to trim to. HTH
Old 09-11-2015, 04:50 PM

http://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponlin...lay.asp?i=1087

I'm just being a hobo and riding the rails for free while I enjoy the scenery of this trip.

Since I got the square up ruler (link above) in the 9 1/2" size I feel the world of HST and QST are a breeze compared to what they use to be. One of the best rulers I have ever bought. In fact I got a couple of them so I can use one in our Christmas "Dirty Santa/Chinese Auction" exchange at our LQS. I got the bigger size for more flexibility and might get a smaller one just so my boobs aren't in the way when I twirl my cutting board around (oooo TMI).

The link also has a short video of E Burns using her square up ruler a little ways into it.

I'll slide back into the shadows now and pull my covers back up to my chin nestled down in the fresh straw someone tossed in the open doorway. I'm harmless and won't eat too much...BTW, I do clean up some of the crumbly messes in the club car now and then.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
After starting 3 table toppers, I wondered "what would Kaffe do?"...
Love your choice of colors, especially the first two.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:58 PM

Note for the video....

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
http://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponlin...lay.asp?i=1087

I'm just being a hobo and riding the rails for free while I enjoy the scenery of this trip.

Since I got the square up ruler (link above) in the 9 1/2" size I feel the world of HST and QST are a breeze compared to what they use to be. One of the best rulers I have ever bought. In fact I got a couple of them so I can use one in our Christmas "Dirty Santa/Chinese Auction" exchange at our LQS. I got the bigger size for more flexibility and might get a smaller one just so my boobs aren't in the way when I twirl my cutting board around (oooo TMI).

The link also has a short video of E Burns using her square up ruler a little ways into it. (about 6 minutes in)

I'll slide back into the shadows now and pull my covers back up to my chin nestled down in the fresh straw someone tossed in the open doorway. I'm harmless and won't eat too much...BTW, I do clean up some of the crumbly messes in the club car now and then.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by SuziSew View Post
Well, I got mine done but my camera battery died so I can't post a picture!
I did my HST's with the 8 at a time method and used the Tucker Trimmer to clean them up...perfecto!!

here's a couple links for the 8 at a time method, easy peazy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqPx2yuppaM
http://www.craftsy.com/blog/2014/01/...are-triangles/
I use the 4 at a time method, I have seen the 8 at a time, but have yet to try it. It does look easy, and the 4 one does up easy as well.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
OOOOHHH, outa my way, runnin' to the club car - Rhubarb Pie is my fav... I put some Brownie Choc. Chip Sandwich Cookies in there, too...but the pie is mine, mine, mine.... LOLO

Here's my blocks, finally got to my sewing room this afternoon and got them done. I did the '8 at a time' method of making the HST - OH MY, how fast and easy, love it. Looking forward to Saturday..;o)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]530400[/ATTACH]
Looks like a rectangler chocolate chip cookie...yum!
Old 09-11-2015, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by busy fingers View Post
My third choice is black........at this stage. I have changed my mind so many times.
That's going to be very striking-looking.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:50 PM
Power Poster

it does, doesn't it??

almost tomorrow, about 12 hrs till the next clue. going night-night to dream about it. see you all tomorrow as we wait patiently for the next clue.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bluebonnets View Post
All are beautiful but I'm really looking forward to seeing number three all together, Dotty.

Tomorrow is the day for another clue! Not sure I can play tomorrow. I ordered a 4.5" square from JoAnn on Monday and the best I can tell it's not even processed yet. Bummer, was a good price tho. Anyone know of another way to trim their blocks?
The best thing I ever bought was my "quilt in a day square", squares from 2" to 6 1/2". Easy way to square is before you press squares open...just two cuts to square. Then press & trim off dog ears. Has cut my squaring time in 1/2! And you only need 1 square ruler!!!
Old 09-11-2015, 07:08 PM

I will print off the directions probably tomorrow, but going on another trip, so won't get to sew until 3rd clue is already given........I'll try not to peek at the 3rd clue, probably won't even get on this thread till I get clue #2 sewn. I don't want to ruin the mystery for myself. Isn't the 3rd clue the final step to the mystery? Oh, this will be so hard to do!