Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
16th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Begins Now! >

16th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Begins Now!

16th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Begins Now!

Old 03-11-2017, 08:58 AM

Wow they are all so beautiful! I have been lost in Space! I have a 35 year old machine who is now dearly departed! Parts are no longer available so I had to make a decision. I bought a new JUKI TL2010Q... It was a really hard decision but I have no regrets, I just wish I had done it sooner! In the last 3 weeks I have sent almost 25 projects out the door (I fell a little behind while my old machine was out of commission)
Today is the first day I have lifted up my head and realized that I need to catch up on a few other things (housework!!!)

Anyway I will play catch up on this Mystery Quilt soon! And I LOVE my new machine~ I wish there was a thread to review different machines here, I would love to know what kind of machines my fellow quilters use.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:55 AM

I have the same Juki--wonderful machine! Congratulations.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
Wow they are all so beautiful! I have been lost in Space! I have a 35 year old machine who is now dearly departed! Parts are no longer available so I had to make a decision. I bought a new JUKI TL2010Q... It was a really hard decision but I have no regrets, I just wish I had done it sooner! In the last 3 weeks I have sent almost 25 projects out the door (I fell a little behind while my old machine was out of commission)
Today is the first day I have lifted up my head and realized that I need to catch up on a few other things (housework!!!)

Anyway I will play catch up on this Mystery Quilt soon! And I LOVE my new machine~ I wish there was a thread to review different machines here, I would love to know what kind of machines my fellow quilters use.
I have several machines. My two favs are Jukis. I use my 2010Q as my workhorse and have another Juki with all the bells and whistles that is my second favorite.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:02 AM

Haven't given up yet! ran out of the light color fabric,had to drive to Southern Indiana to buy more.Thankfully she had about 3 yds left.(whew)Changed my med. fabric after I saw some of the blocks you gals had made.will post when it is finished.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:22 AM

Congrats on your new Juki Mary...I'm sure you appreciate a machine in good working order...happy sewing.

I finished my mystery 16 top a while ago, but I need to find a backing for it. I'll probably put something together from my stash as I've been so disciplined about buying any new fabrics.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:27 AM

I finally finished the last blocks for the quilt. I haven't sewn anything together yet but I think it will look pretty nice. I'll post a picture when it is completed. I'm taking it to Ohio with me next month and have it LAQ there. It's a gift for a special friend and I want it to have nice quilting. I like this pattern and will probably do another one but I won't use so much white. I will do something different with the light color.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]569917[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mystery-16-4.jpg  
Old 03-16-2017, 04:43 AM

Laws, that's gorgeous! All of the ones shown have been really nice. I have to get better at the center 9 patch of the "flower" square.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
I finally finished the last blocks for the quilt. I haven't sewn anything together yet but I think it will look pretty nice. I'll post a picture when it is completed. I'm taking it to Ohio with me next month and have it LAQ there. It's a gift for a special friend and I want it to have nice quilting. I like this pattern and will probably do another one but I won't use so much white. I will do something different with the light color.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]569917[/ATTACH]
They are all so pretty. I am keeping the thread because I want to make it, just didn't have time to keep up. Any hint as to another train chugging on thru?
Old 03-16-2017, 11:38 AM

Judy, any plans for Ride #17?
Old 03-24-2017, 06:41 AM

Wanted to share how I quilted this top. I ran a diagonal from corner to corner, following down the middle of one of the pink squares line. Put the guide on the walking foot at 1-1/4" and did all the rows, only one way. Didn't go back and make the 90 degree cross hatch. I do like the way it looks. I used scraps from my last two wool batt quilts and it give a nice puffy look.
Attached Thumbnails img_2893.jpg