Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: 17th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Sept. 9, 2017

JUDY, I just sent you a PM.
    I eat, I sleep, I quilt, I eat, I sleep, I quilt... awwwww retirement! I earned it, I deserve it, I'm lovin' it!

A day without quilting is like a day without sunshine.

I chose the pink and yellow fabrics to make a throw size for my dgd, I really like how it turned out even if we have a pink lemonade overload. It's a beautiful pattern and thank you very much, Judy.

Name:  IMG_3231.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  74.4 KB
    Emily

Bluebonnets, Love your color combination. Very pretty quilt for your grand daughter. Like the stripe for the sashing.
    Blue Bell
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Bluebonnets, your quilt is beautiful. Love the pinks and your granddaughter will also. Very nice!
    Make it a GREAT day!

Thank you Blue Bell and D.Henson. 🙂
    Emily

Blog Entries
    Level the pink lemonade, Bluebonnets! Looks really good!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Thanks coopah, I hope to start quilting it in December. Hope is the word, 😉
    Emily

Bluebonnet - your quilt came out great! I love how you did your sashing, I would have never thought to use stripes that way. What a winner!
    Theresa -
    a weaver turned quilter
    Singer Lover: 1932 15-88, 1933 99k13, 1950 221-1, 1950 201-2, 1952 301, 1955 99k28, 1959 401a
    https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...88-albums.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnets View Post
    Thanks coopah, I hope to start quilting it in December. Hope is the word, 
    Hope springs eternal and it’s so pretty to look at, that you’ll want it to get done. So refreshing!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Thanks coopah and tscweaves.

Hand quilting a queen size for my son and almost finished. I hope to start this one next. I have it out to encourage me. Thinking of quilting it with random flowers, hearts, and sguigglies 😊 Thinking I'll just have fun and draw them on the quilt.
    Emily

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnets View Post
    Thanks coopah and tscweaves.

Hand quilting a queen size for my son and almost finished. I hope to start this one next. I have it out to encourage me. Thinking of quilting it with random flowers, hearts, and sguigglies  Thinking I'll just have fun and draw them on the quilt.
    Sounds like a good plan! Once you start, it’ll be done quickly. :-)

Since the mystery is over with, I don't know how many of you will be checking on the site, but wanted to let you know.

I am sorry to post this, but want to let you know of the passing of Jan, our JustJan. She collapsed sometime the first week of November and was admitted to the ICU on Nov. 6th. She did not improve and was moved to hospice Wednesday and passed away Nov. 23rd.

Jan had been a follower of many of my mysteries, and in the past couple years had become a friend. We emailed at least once a day, usually more, and talked on the phone often. She was a great friend and will be missed. Jan was also a terrific quilter, and she had display racks in her home for her beautiful quilts. Last time I talked to her, Oct. 29, she was in terrific spirits, making new blocks for a another quilt.

Some of you may know that she had extensive cancer surgery in spring and was undergoing chemotherapy and her doctor was very positive of her recovery. I believe that her doctor had planned on completing the chemo in November. She did not pass away as a result of the cancer.

She did not have any family locally. Any services will be private and in her home state.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Very sad news!! So sorry for your loss Judy, it's so hard to lose friends. Prayers to her family and friends. She will be missed on this quilting board. Such a wonderful and talented quilter.
    Make it a GREAT day!

I am so sorry to hear this news. I know this was a shock to you Judy. She will be greatly missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to her friends and family.
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

I am so sorry to hear this. Jan was so kind and generous to me with her quilting knowledge. She will be missed. I am sorry for your loss, Judy.
    Theresa -
    a weaver turned quilter
    Singer Lover: 1932 15-88, 1933 99k13, 1950 221-1, 1950 201-2, 1952 301, 1955 99k28, 1959 401a
    https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...88-albums.html

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I know you will miss her.

I'm so sorry to hear this. She was a fixture on QB and was always helpful to everyone. She will be greatly missed by all.
    Sue

�� So sad to hear this....healing hugs, Judy. Let’s dedicate our next Train ride to Jan.

Blog Entries
    Hugs, Judy. It is heartbreaking to lose a friend.
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Blog Entries
    It feels like a ton of bricks have fallen on me. What a loss to all, but especially to this Board where JustJan shared her immense knowledge so generously. My sympathies and prayers are with you, Judy, as you cope with the loss of a good friend. So sorry to hear such sad news.

My deepest sympathy, Judy. Like others have said, she shared her knowledge freely.

My heart is so sad.

Connie

Oh no, so sorry to hear this. Loved her posts and her cheerfulness

Blog Entries
    I am so sorry to hear this news. Jan was such a great part of our quilting board and will be greatly missed. I am also sorry for you, Judy, to have lost a good friend. Friends are so precious.

Sue

Blog Entries
    I have copied the announcement over to a new thread in General ChitChat.
    Please repeat or add comments to that thread so members not on the train will see it.

Jan will be sorely missed.

https://www.quiltingboard.com/genera...e-t292883.html
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

I also have an eddres you can use if you need to contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community: [email protected]

Thank you Judy for sharing this news even though it is sad. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. Jan sure did enjoy the mysteries and I enjoyed seeing her encouraging posts here on the board. We will miss her.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 LastLast