Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
17th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Sept. 9, 2017 >

17th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Sept. 9, 2017

17th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Sept. 9, 2017

Old 09-14-2017, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Just Jan, yahoo!! our power came back on this afternoon. Now I'm really antsy to leave and it's getting cold here. Suppose to snow at 6000' tonight and tomorrow night and we're at 5400' brrrrr. Been packing fabric and projects to take today, the important stuff Have the potatoes and onions from the garden ready to go, dehydrating is done for green peppers and the tomatoes are in the process. We may go ahead and leave next week instead of the end of the month.
You go on to Florida--I'll come live in your Wyoming home. I love snow and cold weather.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:32 PM

Fine with me, you'll have all the snow and cold you want here
Old 09-14-2017, 09:00 PM

Jaba & Coopah, Good to hear from you both. There are still many in this area without power. I have Duke Energy, but I really don't think that has much to do with it. I had to go for my treatment on Tuesday and when we returned in the afternoon there were four power trucks coming into town behind us. I got power back several hours later. Could not tell if they were Duke trucks or volunteers. Anyway, between them and construction workers, the men are doing all they can and are ready to drop in their tracks from exhaustion. I spoke with my "handy man" today and he still does not have power at his house, is taking cold showers and working 14 to 16 hours per day trying to remove limbs and tarp roofs for people. Makes my needs pale by comparison. Reminded me of the old saying, "I complained because I had no shoes until I met a man that had no feet!" Walmart has finally started to schedule grocery pickup again. I can finally get groceries next Wednesday. Their first day to schedule pickup is Tuesday, but that's my chemo day, so I'll wait until Wednesday. My neighbors have been wonderful to help me. One got cat food for me, two cleared my yard both before and after Irma, and one brought me supper from their grill when the power was out. Believe me, I have and attitude of gratitude! I know you're anxious to get here Jaba, but take your time and let the dust settle first. Each day is a little more normal now. But yesterday I went out in the yard and saw a big snake! I'm sure it was a Rattler driven in by Irma. Unfortunately by the time I got help it was gone, so its still out there somewhere! Just be careful because these storms kick up all kinds of unexpected creatures. As I said, take your time, be aware, and let things get back to normal. Stay safe. See ya on the train... Can hardly with for Saturday. Janet
Old 09-15-2017, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by coopah View Post
Paintmejudy, family and homes are fine and we are so thankful! It's just the electric. We have some damage on other property, but it doesn't affect anyone but us for cleanup. Just Jan and Jaba..you are lucky ducks to have the electricity back on. The power company tells us Sunday. We'll see...our power company (there are more than one) has many, many trucks and workers. They are working 16 hour days and sleeping in a tent. Whew! I do admire them. Fortunately, they are having meals provided at the camp. Not sure what they do for the noon meal, but whenever they get it done, I will be so thankful. No water...means no flushing!! Our friends tell us we can use the pool water until it is all gone! Many, many helpers during this storm.
I hope to ride along on this mystery. Always fun! :-)
A lot of helpers from out of state too. I know we sent down quite a few trucks from Maine, and I know we weren't the only state. If only people could remember to be this way all the time and not just in emergencies. A country to looks out for each other and is always there for each other instead of all the bickering and fighting, taking down statues that have been there for years and everything else that is going on every where. Its really sad. So glad Florida and Texas are getting help will all of this.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by AnngelAnne View Post
A lot of helpers from out of state too. I know we sent down quite a few trucks from Maine, and I know we weren't the only state. If only people could remember to be this way all the time and not just in emergencies. A country to looks out for each other and is always there for each other instead of all the bickering and fighting, taking down statues that have been there for years and everything else that is going on every where. Its really sad. So glad Florida and Texas are getting help will all of this.
Very well stated!
Old 09-15-2017, 07:08 AM

I need some help with my color choices....
1. In the first group with 4 fabrics ....is the blue and pink too dark? I think the green is ok, and will use it in both color-ways....
The second group ....is the pink too pale? The purple looks washed out ...will change that out.

2. Are the colours in the right places? The flower-fabric in both groups will be D as the focus fabric....but where does the others slot in?

Thanks for your help!!<3
[ATTACH=CONFIG]580596[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails whatsapp-image-2017-09-15-4.57.04-pm.jpeg  
Old 09-15-2017, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by RN-Quilter View Post
I need some help with my color choices....
1. In the first group with 4 fabrics ....is the blue and pink too dark? I think the green is ok, and will use it in both color-ways....
The second group ....is the pink too pale? The purple looks washed out ...will change that out.

2. Are the colours in the right places? The flower-fabric in both groups will be D as the focus fabric....but where does the others slot in?

Thanks for your help!!<3
[ATTACH=CONFIG]580596[/ATTACH]
Oh man...choices, choices, I love them both.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:34 AM
Power Poster

RN Pretty fabrics, I lean towards the first stack,but I'm not a big fan of pink. The pinks are pretty though. I love florals.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:36 AM

I like them both but would maybe see what a little lighter blue would do since the red is dark too. I'm in the same boat as you...can't decide either. Tell me what you think ladies[ATTACH=CONFIG]580597[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]580598[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]580599[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf3645.jpg   dscf3646.jpg   dscf3647.jpg  
Old 09-15-2017, 07:43 AM

Everyone has such beautiful material, I want to play with it all.