Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
17th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Sept. 9, 2017 >

17th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Sept. 9, 2017

17th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Sept. 9, 2017

Old 09-10-2017, 07:01 AM

Chasezzz great fabrics, Karen, love the blues

Just Jan these look great, Jan. And that swirly is to die for

frustrated I personally like the tan/cream solid for a background, simply because you have 3 busy prints. But that is just my opinion.

Carol in WI yes, these will be great, another set of beautiful blues. I vote for the little print for the C -- spark up those A and B fabrics.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:03 AM

Since moving last Aug. I have just been lurking & copy the clues. No time or inclination to sew as hubby's health has had so many ups & downs & he is in nursing home. I promise that whenever I do get the bug to sew again, I will make the 3-4 mysteries priority. I've done all till hubby's health forced this move by daughter. Praying for all in Irma's patch!!!
Old 09-10-2017, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Just Jan View Post
Welcome aboard! Are you in Orlando now or where? I'm 25 miles north of Orlando. Sounds like at least four of us here are hunkered down. Jan
That makes 5 of us. I'm in the Tampa Bay area by Clearwater/St.Petersburg. Right now I am staying at a friend's house, since I live in a mobile home. The worst part of the storm hasn't reached us yet. When it does, we will lose power. I thought I would check in before that happens. I will have to catch up with everyone when this is over and I still have a mobile to go home to. I really hate to lose all of my fabric, my quilting supplies and sewing machine.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:01 AM
Power Poster

Please stay safe everyone. Vicki ,Sorry about your husbands health. Hope you can join us soon.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
That makes 5 of us. I'm in the Tampa Bay area by Clearwater/St.Petersburg. Right now I am staying at a friend's house, since I live in a mobile home. The worst part of the storm hasn't reached us yet. When it does, we will lose power. I thought I would check in before that happens. I will have to catch up with everyone when this is over and I still have a mobile to go home to. I really hate to lose all of my fabric, my quilting supplies and sewing machine.
Oh my! You are right in the eye! Please think positive. You will not lose your sewing machine and quilting supplies and if you lose your fabric I will share as I'm sure others here will also. I know the scariest part for me is the power outage. Can't imagine no A/C in this heat and when my TV and Computer are down its as if I have no contact with the outside world. But by this time tomorrow it will be over! I've been hit by two hurricanes in the past so I'm counting the odds that this one won't hurt me much! I'm keeping all of you in my prayers! Jan
Old 09-10-2017, 12:03 PM
Power Poster

Karen and all in the way of the hurricane Let everyone know if you need things. Like Jan says we can all donate a little something, there are lots of us so it will add up.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:12 PM

I must go and try to find some matching fabric.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:13 PM
Power Poster

I just was so happy I had to post a picture or 3 . lol. I went to a auction last evening. I bought some fabric that I thought was FQ's and maybe 1/2 yd pieces. Turned out most was 3-5 yds. It was so rolled up with a rubber band on it. Reminded me of how stores used to sell remnants. Others are about 1-2 yds. smallest is 2 piece about the size of a FQ. There are 17 blues some look the same but there is a slight difference. 11 Browns and 8 rusts. (it may look burgundy.) I got it all for $12. Unbelievable. yards and yards. Almost all are solid or small prints. I love them.
Attached Thumbnails dsc03703.jpg   dsc03704.jpg   dsc03705.jpg  
Old 09-10-2017, 01:28 PM

Oh my gosh, Mary, this is an incredible win! You are so lucky! I can't believe no one else bid on this score!

To all our FL friends, we have you in our thoughts, fingers crossed..
Old 09-10-2017, 01:36 PM
Power Poster

Judy The bid started at $2 per box. I bought all 3 boxes at $4 each. It's all cotton. Perfect for quilts etc. Now this makes it even harder to pick fabrics for the mystery. lol. I guess I'll have to struggle through it somehow. tee hee.