Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW >

2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW

2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW

Old 11-10-2014, 06:23 PM

Hi Everyone

As toverly has said how fast the monday's come and go,Once again toverly you colors are lovley, Yes toverly I have rush to get mine finished by the end of the year as well, I only seem to have time to do 1 large quilt per year, and not much done in between. Looking at my Vermont block now I think I have made a error, opps if I have it it staying that way as the quilt is all together and at the quilters.
DottyD I love the dark background it make the star pop foward.

Here is my Vermont block

[ATTACH=CONFIG]498415[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 45.-vermont.jpg  
Old 11-10-2014, 06:55 PM

Hi Lyn Hut, if you've made an error, I sure don't see it. Did you decide how to quilt it or are you letting your quilter come up with a pattern. A friend of mine says to do feathers between the stars. But oh my, that's alot of feathers. I would love to do each star unique with something to tie it together between the stars but I am doubting anyone else but I would know. So it may just be an over all pattern. I'd love to hear how anyone else quilted theirs.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:03 PM

Hi toverly

I am going to do a all over stars, If I was quilting it myself I then may have done a more detail pattern, it all come down to the cost, to customize your quilt over here is a lot more expencive, so all the other quilts I have had done where all over patterns and they have turn out great. With the cost of the fabric and the quilting it is a very costly hobby (craft ) that we do. I think next year project will be to learn how to quilt on my machine and learn how to quilt as you go. That is once I get settled in my new home and a sewing room set up.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:07 PM

PS the error is that my two browns are oppsite each other, and not the 2 darker brown together.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:12 AM

Good Morning Lyn Hut. Wow, I would have never have spotted that, what a great mistake to make. It still looks good. I made a few mistakes on mine also, I consider them red herrings. I do my own fmq on a Juki 2010. DH is customizing a library table for me by cutting a hole and sinking in my machine. It was a thrift store find. Hopefully then, I can fmq easily. The table is 40 x 66 so, there should be plenty of room for this quilt to sit and not fall off the edge. I like your idea of stars, that will look great. This is one of those that a good long armer could do a better job than I will do but, I'm determined to give it a try. Wish me luck. Enjoy your new house! Moving is so tough, I still have boxes of items I just knew I needed that I haven't opened and I moved 2 1/2 years ago.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:33 PM

Great stars again from the 2 of you. I can't wait to see the finished quilts--sounds like both of you have good plans. Me? I went off on another tangent (or 2 or 3) and made some 4" minis and then started some compass stars. What am I going to do with all these blocks LOL???????
Old 11-16-2014, 05:01 PM

Hi Everyone

Another monday morning, i do wish you luck toverly on quilting such a large quilt yourself, i only wish I had the room and knew how to do it. I have put that as my task next year after I settle into my new home and set up a sewing room. Only 1 more week then I can start painting and decorating my new home, I have 3 weeks off work to get it done.

here is my Virgina block

[ATTACH=CONFIG]499123[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 46.virgina-copy.jpg  
Old 11-17-2014, 04:43 AM

Good Morning! Lyn Hut, wish I could come over and help you paint. I love to paint. Here is my Virginia. Have a great week everyone![ATTACH=CONFIG]499169[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 46-virginia.jpg  
Old 11-17-2014, 04:54 AM

Lyn and Toverly---a couple more great blocks!! Almost done with niece's quilt, then *was* going to do these, but DD has decided to graduate a year early so I need to make her a quilt for a gift before I can get back to my stars.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:03 AM

You are all so inspiring. I started this but onlg got t o block 15. Lovely blocks and amazing persistence!