Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW

I have the book, and have downloaded the Foundation Factory Program. One block a week sounds doable (I hope)! I have actually done a couple of these Stars when I was doing the Star BOM on this board a couple of years ago! What color(s) is everyone going to be doing theirs with???
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I knew I should not have loaned out that book, ugh!

Carrie, I didn't proceed, only put it in my cart. I guess it's too late now.........when you posted your message I was sleeping already! Next time They will be having a sale again, I'm sure!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

YESSSSSSSSSS it still worked with discount Thanks Carrie ! !

I am going to look for my book and be ready!!!Love to paper piece.

I want to play too. I have had the book for some time and now is as good of time as any to start. Love a quilt along.

I don't understand something here......CD's book and computer program, or just book(amazon has for $20),or just that comp program or what. I might be interested, but why would I need to buy both carols book w patterns and the comp program? Sorry only had one cuppa this morning.......need more

The book and disk are the story of designing the stars. From Foundation you get the disk that you can 'size' your way...and paper piece the pattern or not....like a 10 inch block or 12 inch block...Geri B.

Our breakfast is over; made Mashed potato waffles with buttermilk that guests said melted in your mouth with hot homemade maple syrup.

Red face

ordered book today

Sounds good - I am interested too !

QNS, homemade maple syrup? Recipe please ???

I'll give it a try. I just bought the book a few weeks ago. I've never done paper piecing so this will be a new experience.
    Margaret

"If the devil could dance in empty pockets, he'd have a ball in mine."

Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once.

Hello Anael - do I remember you from the Dear Jane group ?

Hi, I would love to try this challenge, one block a month should be do-able.

thanks
    theresa

Just ordered from Quilt Pro, the download with a back up CD (to be mailed) came in at $13 and some change. What a great idea! I am planning on scrappy with Batiks. Now to figure out what size block. Looking forward to getting to know y'all thru quilting.

Welcome Everyone!!

The book is great to see the finished blocks. The CD that comes with the book gives directions on how to paper piece Carol Doak's "way"....measuring pieces of fabric vs using big scraps and cutting down. The Foundation Factory program just shows one section (of the 4 needed for a block)...the advantage of having this is if you want smaller blocks and don't have a copier that does the alterations easily....hope that helps.

Fabrics...I have mine all picked out. I will try to get a picture later today.

Theresa---the plan is for one block per week so we can get all 50 done in a year. However, if you just want to do one block a month that is fine too. This is mostly just a thread to keep everyone motivated to get their blocks finished (and the quilt of course)!

I like having the book and the program from Foundation Factory. In the book, Carol has given us the sizes of each piece and how many are needed to complete the block. She has taken done the measuring for you if you are doing the 12in block. The program, makes printing the foundation a breeze.

I have already printed out the first set, now to pick my fabrics. I am not sure if I am going to go scrappy or try to stick with a consistant color through out all the blocks.

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

eek , i meant per week

What is the name of the yahoo group?

Which is the best program to have - Quilt Pro or EQ? I'm trying to decide

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    BeckyPotter, you might want to practice before you start with the Carol Doak Stars. They're not that hard but very time consuming and lots of tiny pieces. There are great tuts on the internet, just google paperpiecing and you'll find a lot of them.

QNS, there's no foundation disk with the 50 Stars book. There's a Yahoo group and when you sign up you can download the pdf files of all 50 blocks so you won't have to scan them yourself.
    How do I get to the yahoo group?

I may buy the Foundation Factory so I can make smaller blocks. I don't think I want 12". I have the book with the cd but not the "factory". I have NO idea yet what fabrics I will be using. I am currently making blocks using batiks which I am loving but would like to work on this project being different. I will do some "research" and see if that helps me decide on fabrics.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

I've been working extra hours for the past month or so. Each day I'd copy a few of the blocks. I have all 50 copied (don't tell my boss LOL). I found the few blocks I have done, the first 15. Carrie, are we going to do them in the order of the book (please, my analness begs for this!!) Like SYE, I'm doing mine in batiks but very scrappy, no constant background, just what pleases me that day. Mine are 12"--this quilt will be huge. I'm agreeing with some of you who are doing 2 smaller quilts. Plus, it drives me crazy (analness, again) that there are 50--will make for an odd size.

Glad to see so many joining in--I'm always amazed at how the same blocks can look so different when done in other quilters' fabric choices.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Hi everyone! I am willing to try this out with this group. I need to begin getting the supplies together and wait for some to come in. I have a horrible time finishing things, so this will be an excellent exercise for me. I plan to use batiks but will need to figure out the main colors (leaning to turquoise and purple) and that all important background color.

Does the book give yardage info? Does the optional cd give yardage for the different sizes? Just seeking info that I don't have at hand.... Thanks...

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast