Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 20th Mystery Quilt Train Ride

I’m in and I’m picking out my scraps. I plan to go through my scraps and see what draws my attention. Or I may decide to use up some yardage. I’m leaning towards a twin size this time, either a charity or Christmas gift.

Judy, how would this work for lots of different scrappy fabric of one color For the med and another one color group of different scrappy fabric for the med dark and one color of lots of fabric for the dark fabric?

Angelia can't wait to see it. lol. Whoa, happylab that sounds tricky. I went to a yardsale today and got lots of fabric for $5. most pieces are f.q. or 1/2 yd. I got maybe 20-25 pieces. I left so much behind too. I could just cry,but hubby was with me.
    Mary

Help needed

I am really out of my comfort zone with this color combo, but the recipient's favorite colors are red and aqua/turquoise together. Judy does this look like it will work out. My neutrals are almost all tone on tone creams/white or light gold. Please feel free to critique and advise.
    I'm putting some fresh apple pie bars in the dining car.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am working way too many hours to do this, but I will be watching it develop. Love the mysteries, Judy, you do such a wonderful job. I can honestly say there hasn't been a mystery I didn't like. And every one is so talented and fun. I will be riding along when I can, sometimes that's the best part.

I'm thinking of either using all my Christmas fabric, or maybe just using all my scraps with no definite color scheme, with solid white as my neutral. This will be fun!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

happylab that would work well, and I like the idea of a monochrome palette. But at this point you only need two, an A and a B -- with your lots of a single color, and then for your second color, just make sure there is plenty of contrast. Worry about the third color towards the very end.

Mary you made a score! Good job.

Carol this will be fine. will

AnngelAnne ride the train, eat some snacks, watch the scenery .... and see what is going to develop.

NZ sounds like a plan!
    When life gives you scraps, make a colorful happy quilt.

Scrappie is the best!
    Born to Quilt, Forced to work. Retired and quilting!

I can always use another quilt project - count me in.

Blog Entries
    OK I'm in. I can pick out my colors today so I will be ready next week to start. Someone mentioned a Christmas quilt.Would it work using Christmas fabric? One of my daughters has requested a Christmas quilt, I have plenty of the fabric but haven't decided on a pattern.
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

RJ
    This will be perfect for me as last week I pulled out a huge pile of flannels and have been looking for a great scrappy pattern to use them in! I have 3 quilts in various stages of construction---whats one more LOL LOL Will it be ok to use one color neutral and assorted colors for the rest?
    Last edited by RJ; 09-16-2018 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    This will be perfect for me as last week I pulled out a huge pile of flannels and have been looking for a great scrappy pattern to use them in! I have 3 quilts in various stages of construction---whats one more LOL LOL Will it be ok to use one color neutral and assorted colors for the rest?
    one color neutral with the assorted will be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
    OK I'm in. I can pick out my colors today so I will be ready next week to start. Someone mentioned a Christmas quilt.Would it work using Christmas fabric? One of my daughters has requested a Christmas quilt, I have plenty of the fabric but haven't decided on a pattern.
    Is is one piece of fabric with a small print? I'd have to see it before I could comment.

Carol, I love your fabrics.
    Mary

Ok....I need another project to inspire me again. I'm in. Going to start searching for fabric. Since I am NOT a scrappy person, I really appreciate the ideas for using specific color schemes.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

glad you are with us again, Barb. Just remember, if using prints, they should be small or medium, with not a lot of open background color.

I've never done one of these before but would love to participate.
    Life is Good!

I am in again too. May need to bring some Tylenol as I have so many projects going but another one can't hurt much.

I wanna play too, like I need another project!

Blog Entries
    I've never ridden on your train before, Judy, but I am thinking of taking this journey with you. I sure have a lot of scraps I would like to get rid of.

Leslie

charlottemarie and audsgirl and quilty1stroke, welcome! Just jump in, no sign up needed.

sjens good to have you with us again.

Lots of new people. Goody. Audsgirl you probably won't even see a dent in your scraps. We all keep thinking we will get rid of a lot of them. LOL
    Mary

Mary, so so true! And sometimes I think the scrap pile will never get smaller. I, too, am glad to see a lot of new people. But many regulars are not here. And when I said that, I thought of JustJan. I still miss her and think of her after almost a year.

Judy I'm doing this one queen size for my sister who wants it 1colour. So 8 yards of 3 contrasting shades of green should be ok? Thanks.
    "Good friends are like quilts-they age with you, yet never lose their warmth."

And do I need a neutral as well?
    "Good friends are like quilts-they age with you, yet never lose their warmth."

I’ve never done a train like this before & it looks really fun. I’ve never used my scraps so I’m going to try to see what I can gather of them & maybe a few fat quarters I have.
    So I’m making sure I have this right, I need 3 groups of fabrics in tones of medium, medium/dark, & then dark plus a neutral or high contrast background right? I don’t have a ton of scraps yet, just a bin & a half maybe so if I can’t figure out a good enough group there I’ll just go non-scrappy. I’ll get the Fabrics together in the next 2 days & try to post some pictures.
    Geez. I’m excited but a little nervous too. I hope I can keep up. I’m disabled some sometimes it’s hard for my to sew at all.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast