Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
#8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious! >

#8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious!

#8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious!

Old 02-02-2015, 10:11 AM
Power Poster

am working to day on the quilt so i'll be ready for the next one on the 21st.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
Siodach, no toe stepping as far as I am concerned! And I think your solution is brilliant! Absolutely brilliant.
I love the sharing and help all of you train rders give when one of the passengers is stuck on some part of the puzzel.
Phew (wipes sweat off brow with relief lol)

I did hesitate to post my idea, cos I didn't want to offend you guys who had gone to the trouble of showing diagrams already. Also, there are so many lovely finished tops being shown so quickly :-).

I love sharing in the ideas and inspirations that get posted here, with everyone being so individual in their interpretation of one single pattern
Old 02-02-2015, 11:31 AM
Power Poster

HELP!!! my suares are 9" (step3) i'm tryong to get my triangles on. i'm cutting them 8" and ther is a big over lap. I cut them slightly larger b/c my blocks are bigger. any help or suggestions. HELP!!
Old 02-02-2015, 11:35 AM

Paintmejudy, I was wondering if we send our finished blocks to Jolo as soon as we are finished or do we wait for things to get set up? Thanks
Old 02-02-2015, 11:53 AM
Power Poster

o.k. did the block. really big, and cut it down to a trim of 12 1/4" now i'm too small. goodness gracious hasenpfeffer!!
will I ever get it to where it's supposed to be???
Old 02-02-2015, 12:32 PM

My mojo has jumped the track & I can't settle my thoughts on how to finish this beauty. Quiltingnd I love how you dropped the stars yet I love all of those who used the stars as well. I can't decide whether to make 1 large quilt or 2 small ones.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:03 PM

is that what it is, mojo, thought it was phase of the moon or something......finally set everything aside and am making some string blocks, mindless sewing=cure-all. thought I was really using up scraps and noticed the lid of the scrap box was ajar.....straightened it and it did not close, looked inside....it is full to the top again....someone is being funny.

Not Funny
Old 02-02-2015, 01:25 PM

Love your stars continuing out into the border... I want to do that too... hope mine look as good as yours.... any tips.

Originally Posted by frustratedquilter40 View Post
Judy thank you for another awesome mystery I loved the ride and the results!!!! I vote for another scrappy too

Dotty
love both of them great job boy you are fast they both look amazing!

Gayle's Quilts I love yours too the stars sure sparkle against those reds!

Here is my version....little story behind using the same color for the sashing these were already cut to 12.5" was going to sash my BH mystery quilt differently so these were ready to go so just went with it and used a orange batik for the stars. I love it not sure I want to give it to the guild as a charity quilt but probably will as I have enough already.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]508460[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]508461[/ATTACH]
Old 02-02-2015, 01:33 PM

Judy.... I understand everyone doesn't have small or doesn't like to work with small... Maybe ( if not too much trouble) the pattern could be for Large...... 4 1/2 inch for example and then small 2 1/4.... would that work????? I am not a pattern designer... so don't know... just a thought for us that have smaller scraps... Love all you do and all the help...... thank you so much.... Mine is coming along... should have photo soon.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:52 PM

sdeaaz, may I ask what you consider small scraps - pieces cut 2-1/2 or less? Sorry, I hate working with tiny pieces unless it is in paper piecing, then I am fine.

Anyway, to answer you, and I hope I don't hurt your or anyone's feelings ... but ... it is a lot of work to design a pattern, figure out what it needed and then making sure it all comes together at the sewing machine. And then there is the writing of the instructions. So, I hope that you understand why I only write one size. There is also trying to make sure it more or less seems to all be in scale. But I will let you know that this new one will NOT have the big pieces like the 7-1/2" squares you needed for #8. I just felt it needed a dramatic pop.