Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
#9 Mystery Quilt Train Ride - Who's got scraps? >

#9 Mystery Quilt Train Ride - Who's got scraps?

#9 Mystery Quilt Train Ride - Who's got scraps?

Old 03-05-2015, 11:36 AM

lots of time to work on other things between the clues....welcome aboard and have some hot Irish coffee !
Old 03-05-2015, 12:34 PM

Default I do lie to myself

When this train left the station I told myself I would make only one quilt (last time I made two). I kept my word until yesterday. I got to thinking about my Halloween scraps and decided to jump into a second. The light color looks pinkish, it's really a little orange and white checkerboard with tiny black spiders. I will make a third set with the bright orange triangles and put them together for a runner. Probably will skip sashing, but I'll reserve judgement until Saturday. The blocks you see at the top
of the pic are for quilt number one.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 03-05-2015, 12:51 PM
Power Poster

beautiful block sets! love how your look so far.
the clock is ticking down to clue time!
Old 03-05-2015, 01:21 PM
Power Poster

I love both layouts dhanke
Old 03-05-2015, 01:30 PM

Wow Dhanke, I love both sets of your blocks, so colorful..
Old 03-05-2015, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by QltrSue View Post
The packaging for my rule is long gone, but the thought just occurred to me--I wonder if this was developed before 1/4" feet were so available. It is fun to see how people use it differently. I asked the question because my "directions" are gone and I was wondering if I was using it properly or if there was a trick to it--beyond the obvious! Thanks for all the comments. I may look for the shorter one--it was a little cumbersome for the 5" blocks.
Sue, there is a smaller size. When I bought mine so many years ago, it came two to the package. The smaller one is about 8" long and easier for the smaller squares.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:27 PM

just saw a beautiful Hawaiian Style quilt being thrown around on a TV show.... watched on internet/computer the latest shown "Hawaii 5-0" and the story line had detectives on stake out in the apartment of an elderly lady....she had this lovely quilt on the back of the couch and a Swedish crochet afghan.....she also had a very funny cat....I suggest this program to counteract the monochromatic vista of snow (actually I still think it is pretty), with the Hawaiian landscape. It was fun to see even if you kinda cringe at the way the quilt was handled (I did), and remember the 'action' stuff is all stunt work and make-up special effects. Ok, I enjoyed it because the next clue is many hours away if anyone else is just learning how to watch night T.V. programs in the daytime...this one is reached by keying CBS full episodes.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:31 PM

Thanks, Evie, I'll be on the lookout for it.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Power Poster

Well, as far as i'm concerned today is over. that means just Friday we have to bear through. then just one more sleep till sat am. so it's really only one more day till then. and if you quilt tomorrow, the day will fly by even faster, sleep in late on Saturday, so when you wake up late, the clue is already posted and you can jump on in on the fun!!!!
That's what I do during the clue time.

Judy when is our next Mystery train pulling out of the station????
Old 03-05-2015, 07:59 PM

OMG Sinlite - I also saw that quilt on the back of the couch, and I too cringed. But missed the Swedish crochet afghan!
Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
just saw a beautiful Hawaiian Style quilt being thrown around on a TV show.... watched on internet/computer the latest shown "Hawaii 5-0" and the story line had detectives on stake out in the apartment of an elderly lady....she had this lovely quilt on the back of the couch and a Swedish crochet afghan.....she also had a very funny cat....I suggest this program to counteract the monochromatic vista of snow (actually I still think it is pretty), with the Hawaiian landscape. It was fun to see even if you kinda cringe at the way the quilt was handled (I did), and remember the 'action' stuff is all stunt work and make-up special effects. Ok, I enjoyed it because the next clue is many hours away if anyone else is just learning how to watch night T.V. programs in the daytime...this one is reached by keying CBS full episodes.