Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
#9 Mystery Quilt Train Ride - Who's got scraps? >

#9 Mystery Quilt Train Ride - Who's got scraps?

#9 Mystery Quilt Train Ride - Who's got scraps?

Old 03-06-2015, 05:10 AM

I agree with Emma. We can survive (almost ) with a longer wait until you rest up for awhile. You do such a terrific job designing these quilts for us. We appreciate you so much! Besides, I finished my #8 but still have to finish my #7. I've been putting that one off to see what new ones you design. Thank you so much!

An old Pennsylvania Dutch saying "The further I go, the behinder I get". That's me right now.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:18 AM
dd

scraaa---ppy! scraaa---ppy! scraaa---ppy! Oh Hi. Yes that was me.hehe I would like another scrappy please. Yes, I know these are a lot of work for you and I/we really appreciate all the work you put into them. Wait a few weeks. Get some other things done and everyone will be rejuvenated for another quilt.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:19 AM

Have that tool -- just never used it. Use to use the marking/cutting on the sides of the June Taylor Square Up. Recently I tried Jenny Doan's method of pressing the squares on the diagonal and really like that method. Some-where I acquired a sewing machine foot that has a little point guide in front of the foot. I just keep that point on the crease and my needle sews slightly to the right for a scant 1/4" SA. I love that foot but have no idea where it came from. I think maybe it was in the accessories I received when I purchased my late aunt's New Home L372.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
Judy I'm along for any way you choose to go. I have never been disappointed in any of your designs. They have always been a lot of fun to put together and the end results are amazing. The only thing is, I don't want to see you burn out. I can only imagine how labor intensive each of these rides are, so I would urge you to take a break, if you need to recharge your batteries. I will be here, anticipating the next one no matter the scheduling.
Exactly !!!! well stated Emma !!! or as the teens say "what she said"!!!
Old 03-06-2015, 06:10 AM

I"m up for what every is best for you Judy. I'm going to go back & look at the other Mysteries & see if I want to part take in any of them. Right now I have about 4 quilts that need to be quilted, putting another border on my MQ 8 (i'll post pics when done), quilt coming from my mother to have borders put on by me & then quilted, so I have lots to keep me busy until the next Mystery. I really like how this one MQ 9 is turning out so have ideas of making another one too. Talk about being busy!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2015, 06:49 AM

I like your chickens!
Old 03-06-2015, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
Judy I'm along for any way you choose to go. I have never been disappointed in any of your designs. They have always been a lot of fun to put together and the end results are amazing. The only thing is, I don't want to see you burn out. I can only imagine how labor intensive each of these rides are, so I would urge you to take a break, if you need to recharge your batteries. I will be here, anticipating the next one no matter the scheduling.
I agree wholeheartedly!
Old 03-06-2015, 07:15 AM

What Emma said!
Old 03-06-2015, 07:17 AM

Love all your mysteries Judy! And the fellowship on the ride makes it so much fun. If you need a break, by all means rejuvenate yourself and we will play catchup on all our other projects. Whenever you decide to do another we will all be waiting eagerly at the station, whether it's in a couple of weeks or a couple of months.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:47 AM
Power Poster

Judy first thanks for hosting this mystery. That said I would love a quick scrappy table runner. Karen , my mom used to say that a lot.