Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
#9 Mystery Quilt Train Ride - Who's got scraps? >

#9 Mystery Quilt Train Ride - Who's got scraps?

#9 Mystery Quilt Train Ride - Who's got scraps?

Old 03-06-2015, 07:53 AM
RJ

Originally Posted by Windblown View Post
RJ tell your friend that chick fabric is just too cute!
I sure will Windblown...I might even be able to talk her out of some so I can do something with it too LOL
Old 03-06-2015, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
Judy I'm along for any way you choose to go. I have never been disappointed in any of your designs. They have always been a lot of fun to put together and the end results are amazing. The only thing is, I don't want to see you burn out. I can only imagine how labor intensive each of these rides are, so I would urge you to take a break, if you need to recharge your batteries. I will be here, anticipating the next one no matter the scheduling.
I agree with what Emma said. I need to do a lot of catch up too, 4 quilts to finish, spring cleaning, and getting my veg garden ready.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:42 AM

It's Friday, it's Friday, do the Friday almost Saturday Dance!
I can hardly wait to see what we get to do next.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:21 AM

Good morning! Well, seems as if the vote is in favor of another scrappy and I have decided what I want to do. You will love this one, or at least I hope so. I really really like it. And I have come up with what you will need for 3 different projects/sizes. And yes, Mary, one will be a cut-down version to make a table runner. Now, this is absolutely against my own rules of early clues, but the next one will start on 3/28 and you will need a good sized piece for the two larger sizes, and I know some of you don't have large pieces. So I will tell you that of a neutral background, you will need 3/4 yard or 1-1/4 yard or 2-3/4 yard. This give you a chance to see if you need a trip to the fabric store. I have chosen a beige/tan tone on tone small vine print. I will show the background print I am using on 3/28 along with a pile of scraps I have chosen to give you some guidence. Does this sound okay? I know a lot of you have many things on your to-finish and won't want to start this one, and that is perfectly fine. My feelings wont be hurt!

So with that, I am off to the gym, then some errands and finally the grocery store. Ugh. Back has been bothering me all week so really need to get some food in this house. See you in the morning, and we will get to the end of #9.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:27 AM

oh my! I was all set to hop off of the train for a while but this sounds just too perfect!!! Plus my sewing machines were serviced in a record 2 days so I am off to finish up & get ready for tomorrow. Since my first attempt did not play well together I am making 2 separate quilts and so far they are playing together quite nicely. Also I have started hand quilting #8 so busy times ahead!
Old 03-06-2015, 09:37 AM

Yeah, another train ride! Thanks Judy.
Here are my 2 so far. We'll be OOT for weekend so maybe I can catch up on #8 since I won't have my stash available to continue #9.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]512697[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]512698[/ATTACH]

Have a warm weekend everyone. It sure has been crazy weather! We have daffodils all over the yard and so are they look like they're making out okay.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 03-06-2015, 09:40 AM

The 1st set of mine looks so different in person - the triangles are a warm creamy beige & a bright Aqua polkadot. It must be the lighting when I took it. In the 4 patches the dark is a bright kelly green.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:49 AM

OOOOoWeeeeeeeeeee, Quilting March Madness !
Old 03-06-2015, 10:53 AM

Judy thanks for all you do for us. I know you spend hours planning, sewing your quilt, checking measurements, and etc. getting these mysteries ready for us to play. You and the girls on this forum have helped me though this cold, long winter. I too love scrappy and everyone I know thinks I have far more fabric than is necessary, so (using my scraps) these scrappy quilts help me fill extra time and end up with something nice and useful. Yes I have several projects which need to be completed, but I will be looking forward to 3/28 for the next ride. Thanks
Old 03-06-2015, 11:10 AM

Sunliten, you are too funny!!!