Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart - Block #11 Photos >

Affairs of the Heart - Block #11 Photos

Affairs of the Heart - Block #11 Photos

Old 06-27-2011, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ducky
Thank you, Ladies. I really like how it turned out.
So do we!!! :thumbup:
Old 06-27-2011, 03:36 PM

Awesome block, Ducky.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:26 AM

Here is my block #11.
Ooooooh Ducky, so pretty! The blues work so well together, just beautiful!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-219847.jpe  
Old 07-02-2011, 12:42 PM

Maryb, somehow I missed seeing your block when you posted it. It's lovely. So soft & calming.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:24 PM

Wow Ducky--I missed your post while on vacation----love the blues! are you using a different color embroidery thread on each block?

Kathy your new block is gorgeous too. Love the new pale version.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:21 AM

Thank you, ladies, for the nice comments. Roxanne, I have decided to use the same color of embroidery floss all the way through. At first I thought about changing it around, but I like the idea of having just one.

I really love the look of the white fabric Kathy used. Makes all the colors stand out beautifully. I keep going back to that pic - I love it.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:44 AM

Thank you, ladies, for the nice comments. Roxanne, I have decided to use the same color of embroidery floss all the way through. At first I thought about changing it around, but I like the idea of having just one.

I really love the look of the white fabric Kathy used. Makes all the colors stand out beautifully. I keep going back to that pic - I love it.
I know what you mean Ducky. I kept my floss the same color of yellow on all my 16 center blocks but have decided to do a change up on my outer blocks. I'm thinking I'll use a coordinating thread on each. But you know how it is, I may change my mind when I see one or two done.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Roxanne

That background fabric is light blue. I hate my camera - gonna replace it either tomorrow or Tuesday! Takes lousy pictures. I have noticed them getting worse & worse as I post to the QB.

I know what you mean Ducky. I kept my floss the same color of yellow on all my 16 center blocks but have decided to do a change up on my outer blocks. I'm thinking I'll use a coordinating thread on each. But you know how it is, I may change my mind when I see one or two done.
I have been using different yellow floss colors on the center blocks. I am thinking about adding other colors on the outer ring of blocks. I did use different colors on the first go-round when I was using Razzle Dazzle. I have 3 floss boxes full of DMC. Used to do nothing but Cross Stitch, so I had every color at that time!
Old 07-03-2011, 01:13 PM

I don't quite have every color Kathy, but I happened on a bunch at a thrift store and bought them before we started thinking that they would be needed. When I actually read the book and discovered it called for yellow, I had to go buy some.
So I'm ready to use something different.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Power Poster

I'm alternating between 3 different colors for the embroidery. It just depends on the predominant colors of that particular block and then somtimes, i use more than 1 color on the same block. Ummmm...I've really stepped out of my comfort zone on this quilt!

I have tons of DMC too..I did worlds of cross stitch and have almost every color...then my Dad's wife decided to sell all of hers in a garage sale...guess what wandered over into my car??! :shock: