Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart - Block #11 Photos >

Affairs of the Heart - Block #11 Photos

Affairs of the Heart - Block #11 Photos

Old 04-06-2011, 12:32 PM

Well here's my block 11. I think I now feel comfortable enough to wait for the June start date to do more. Obviously there are things that need work, but I think I'll get better with each block. I'll continue to watch for the blocks from the JTGC as ya'll keep me motivated and awed!

Kathy---I believe you are doing your applique by machine correct? Are you also doing the embroidery by machine? If so, what stitch are you using as yours looks like hand work.

All of these blocks are just beautiful and it's so astonishing to see how different they are.

Block 11 4/6/11
[ATTACH=CONFIG]180496[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-180490.jpe  
Old 04-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Roxanne
Well here's my block 11. I think I now feel comfortable enough to wait for the June start date to do more. Obviously there are things that need work, but I think I'll get better with each block. I'll continue to watch for the blocks from the JTGC as ya'll keep me motivated and awed!

Kathy---I believe you are doing your applique by machine correct? Are you also doing the embroidery by machine? If so, what stitch are you using as yours looks like hand work.

All of these blocks are just beautiful and it's so astonishing to see how different they are.
Lovely block Roxanne, looks good to me. Are you telling us that you are going to not make any more until June now? You are far stronger than I was. Once I started, I couldn't stop!
Old 04-06-2011, 01:19 PM

Lovely block Roxanne, looks good to me. Are you telling us that you are going to not make any more until June now? You are far stronger than I was. Once I started, I couldn't stop![/quote]

Leslie---actually block 10 scares the heck out of me! so, I will wait for company (you know, as in misery loves....)
Old 04-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Roxanne
Lovely block Roxanne, looks good to me. Are you telling us that you are going to not make any more until June now? You are far stronger than I was. Once I started, I couldn't stop!
Leslie---actually block 10 scares the heck out of me! so, I will wait for company (you know, as in misery loves....)[/quote]

You could skip to an easier one, and go back to no. 10 when you feel a bit more confident.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:34 PM

I'm supposed to be working on my funky chicken quilt anyway. I just got anxious about my lack of applique/embroidery skills and wanted to practice before June. But, you are right this is addictive. I absolutely love this quilt and I am enjoying the hand work when my hands will allow. boy, these tiny pieces are tough aren't they?
Old 04-06-2011, 03:12 PM

Location: Cypress, Texas by the way of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

I love your block. The embroidery is the icing on the cake. FYI, I visited Sligo on a tour. A most memorable trip.
Donna
Old 04-06-2011, 03:20 PM

Holy Cow - all these blocks are fabuloso!!! Everyone is doing so well on theirs & they are all individually beautiful in their onw right! Congratulations on jobs well done!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Power Poster

Roxanne, great job!! I love your take on this one. ...and yeah about your chicken quilt..you should do some funky cats while you wait for your chickens to fly the coop and head home...LOL!!

I bet you will sneak in another block or two of AOTH before June as its great to have some handwork going and yes..the tiny pieces are hard to deal with- mine are the 7" blocks...are yours?
Old 04-06-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Roxanne, great job!! I love your take on this one. ...and yeah about your chicken quilt..you should do some funky cats while you wait for your chickens to fly the coop and head home...LOL!!

I bet you will sneak in another block or two of AOTH before June as its great to have some handwork going and yes..the tiny pieces are hard to deal with- mine are the 7" blocks...are yours?
Yes, I'm keeping mine at 7" too as I really didn't want to do another large quilt. As for cats...nope, not my thing (I'm allergic!)
LOL....but really, I really enjoy looking at all the "funkies" being done. They give me my daily smile.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:44 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Gabbystabber
I love your block. The embroidery is the icing on the cake. FYI, I visited Sligo on a tour. A most memorable trip.
Donna
Donna, most of us locals like the county, but don't rate Sligo town all that much, there are nicer ones around about.