Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Affairs of the Heart - Block #11 Photos

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Roxanne, great job!! I love your take on this one. ...and yeah about your chicken quilt..you should do some funky cats while you wait for your chickens to fly the coop and head home...LOL!!

I bet you will sneak in another block or two of AOTH before June as its great to have some handwork going and yes..the tiny pieces are hard to deal with- mine are the 7" blocks...are yours?
    Oh Patti,

You know us too well! I started block 10--not too shabby so far. It took me a while to understand the reverse stuff. but the tute helped me see what to do. I'll post a pic maybe this evening, but it might be tomorrow before I finish. I'm doing petals right now.

Blog Entries
    LOL Roxanne! I didn't do the reverse on that one. I just did it the regular way. I have done reverse before, but I'm not nearly as comfortable with it as the regular...and I'm NO expert at that! LOL! Can't wait to see your block!

Hi Ladies! Lovely, lovely blocks everyone! This is so much fun to watch!

I've been quietly working away on my Block #11, and I just finished tonight so here it is! I've switched over to hand appliquing - I couldn't find a machine method that I was truly happy with, even with the invisible thread the needle holes were bothering me. Little miss Ginger is just going to need to be gentle with her Baby Love quilt when she gets it. My hand sewing is pretty sturdy anyway - at least the parts that I've had to un-sew sure seemed to be sturdily sewn! ;)

Here it is - 12" and white background.

ETA - the white background looks really dirty, but it is just my camera playing tricks since it's nighttime. I promise my block is clean! ;)

AOTH Block #11
    Name:  Attachment-182467.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  48.6 KB

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    OooooOooooooOoooooo! Beautiful! I really am liking the light background. Gives it such a romantic feeling. Very easy on the eyes. Lovely work, too!

beautiful

Lovely block Obsessed - so that's why your PH wasn't done by Sunday hmmmmmmm ;)

Thanks ladies! These are fun to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Deecee
    Lovely block Obsessed - so that's why your PH wasn't done by Sunday hmmmmmmm ;)
    Deecee! You caught me! I've been working ahead in PH as well - I could post several of the blocks that aren't "due" yet, but this week's is still in progress... :oops: :lol: I need to prioritize a little better!! :mrgreen:

Great block Lara. I've done 3 blocks and wish I had enlarged mine too, but I didn't want a larger quilt. The small pieces are really hard for me and I am new at applique and embroidery. Your's is spot on!

Blog Entries
    Oh, how lovely your hand sewing looks!! I love the light background too. It seems that you just can't go wrong with this quilt!

wow they are all so lovely ..great work all

Blog Entries
    Beautiful block, Lara. Love that light background. Don't you love working with the bigger blocks?

Blog Entries
    Lara, I love your block - your stitching looks fine to me, and it's refreshing to see a light background - Elle in Spain was toying with the idea of a lemon background, but then swapped to black again, so I think you might be the only one amongst us - a unique variation!

Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    Beautiful block, Lara. Love that light background. Don't you love working with the bigger blocks?
    Yes! The pieces are really easy to prepare and work with at that size. My only problem is with the circles - I can't seem to cut a completely circular template, so my circles always come out a little lumpy. I may need to invest in those perfect circle templates. Does anyone have them? Do you like them?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsessed
    Yes! The pieces are really easy to prepare and work with at that size. My only problem is with the circles - I can't seem to cut a completely circular template, so my circles always come out a little lumpy. I may need to invest in those perfect circle templates. Does anyone have them? Do you like them?
    I have the circle templates, and they are wonderful. I can't believe how nice the circles turn out. The set I have has four of each size, so you don't have to remove the template immediately after ironing it, you can work on the other three and give them time to cool off. It works great. I don't usually buy special tools for quilting, but I love these.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsessed
    I have the circle templates, and they are wonderful. I can't believe how nice the circles turn out. The set I have has four of each size, so you don't have to remove the template immediately after ironing it, you can work on the other three and give them time to cool off. It works great. I don't usually buy special tools for quilting, but I love these.
    Oh my, I have these and have for years...I can't even remember what I bought them for but they will sure come in handy now. Hot Dog!

I have recently ordered these circles after seeing them on a website and thought they may be handy for this. They haven't arrived as yet but I am looking forward to trying them out.

Blog Entries
    Man...that sounds like something I need...can any of you provide a link so I know what you are talking about??? Please?

Blog Entries
    Man...that sounds like something I need...can any of you provide a link so I know what you are talking about??? Please?
    http://www.connectingthreads.com/too...y_TD81770.html

These are exactly what I have. Had mine for several years and this is the first time I've used them, but they're getting a workout now.

http://www.connectingthreads.com/too...y_TD81770.html

These are exactly what I have. Had mine for several years and this is the first time I've used them, but they're getting a workout now.
    That's where I saw them too - that settles it! I have to get them now.... Too bad I'll just have to buy some fabric too so that I get free shipping...
    ;)

They are the same ones that I have ordered here.

Someone needs to convince Connecting Threads to ship international. Everyone seems to like dealing with them. I'm feeling left out. :cry:

Blog Entries
    Deecee...if you need something shipped to you...have it shipped here to me and I will forward it to you. Don't EVER think that you can't have something due to shipping restrictions!

Thanks you guys for the link...I'm going to look RIGHT now!!

Deecee...if you need something shipped to you...have it shipped here to me and I will forward it to you. Don't EVER think that you can't have something due to shipping restrictions!
    Thanks for the generous offer Patti.

I am usually able to find a retailer either here or an overseas one that will ship international when I am searching for something. Sometimes its a case of doing the math - it can be cheaper to order overseas even with the postage. Sometimes I'm happy to pay the higher price here just for the instant gratification!

I will certainly keep your kind offer in mind though. Thanks again. :D

Blog Entries
    Deecee I ordered from connecting threads this
    morning and the shipping drop down menu had options for I for
    international locations . But they don't ship to them ?

Deecee I ordered from connecting threads this
    morning and the shipping drop down menu had options for I for
    international locations . But they don't ship to them ?
    After reading your post I went back to their website to check again. Under their shipping info they say -

" Payment & Shipping outside the U.S. or Canada.
    We regret to inform you that we do not offer international shipping for our ConnectingThreads.com customers."

I read the heading and thought there may be an international option, but no.

Never mind. There are others that do send my way.

Blog Entries
    Oh I see...well, I didn't click on it. That just does seem wrong doesn't it. Well, anyway....if you need something...you know what to do! And I would be more than happy to help!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast