Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 02-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Power Poster

LindaL, the author used batiks, but that doesn't mean you have to - I have a good selection of batiks, but I am not adverse to putting some regular cottons in - I have already used some in one block. (Don't tell anyone, we aren't supposed to start yet.) LOL. :D :D
Old 02-03-2011, 11:47 AM

I've been wanting to do this quilt for some time. Now I HAVE to get the book and join in. What's the worst that can happen?? I get behind and need to catch-up?? Sounds rough to me (ha ha). Still trying to decide on using either black or navy for my back ground. Definately using bright batiks for the applique. Can't wait to start!!

Kathy
Old 02-03-2011, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Elle, just think, you are awake and sewing while we are all snoozin' :-D :-D :-D

If it doesn't conflict with the other Linda (whom I haven't met yet) I would rather be LindaL or LindaAnn. If not then I will go with LindaS. Just remind me since I might not answer to LindaS at first... lol, lol

Since I don't have my book yet, I wondered if the blocks all use batiks? Or is that what most everybody prefers?

Elle, you mentioned paperpiecing. Now that is one skill I have learned. And, I love it. As long as you don't cut too closely everything comes out sewww precise.

I am on my way to town for the day and just might have to stop at a really cool quilt store called Quiltmania. She has the most lovely fabrics, I love to just drink it all in. :-D :-D :-D
LindaAnn sounds good to me. I think I have seen that store on line as well, may have to check that one out as well.

I love PP as well as you say the points are so precise and everything looks so neat when you do it that way.

i meant to say I love your Avatar, what a lovely little ballerina, reminds me when my daughter was small. I notice she has tapshoes on and not ballet slippers, she looks gorgeous
Old 02-03-2011, 12:59 PM

Welcome Taggartykl, its nice that you are going to join us. We are all friends here and would love to know your real name please.

If you have any questions ask away, we all help each other. If anyone has not got their book yet, then if you would like to know the quantities of fabric let me know and I can post that for you.

Elle
Old 02-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Welcome Taggartykl, its nice that you are going to join us. We are all friends here and would love to know your real name please.

If you ave any questions ask away, we all help each other. If has not got their book yet, then if you would like to know the quantities of fabric let me know and I can post that for you.

Elle
I hope she doesn't mind telling us Elle, her board name is not that easy to type, so I might have to shorten it otherwise - welcome Taggart! ( I think my quilting is better thay my typing)
Old 02-03-2011, 01:41 PM

Hi! I have the book & been wanting to try some blocks. I am not pleased with her stitching around the blocks, so hope to improve upon that, as I think, all in all, it's a neat pattern, & I have always loved hearts. Am also thinking of try a cream background, instead of black, for a different effect. It will be interesting to see pics of how others do their blocks. I want to hand applique mine also, but may try different versions of that, as it is still kind of new to me.. Nice to see a cyber group about this quilt, this should be fun!...
Old 02-03-2011, 01:47 PM

welcome Nancy. i just luv this group. they are awesome and very helpful.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:56 PM

Your hand embroidery looks better than I see in the book. Still thinking of maybe trying some by machine, using some of the stitches that come on my machine. Kind of undecided on that part part yet...

Oh, I was referring to a block pic posted, one with & one without, embroidery...
Old 02-03-2011, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
I meant to say I love your Avatar, what a lovely little ballerina, reminds me when my daughter was small. I notice she has tapshoes on and not ballet slippers, she looks gorgeous
Elle, my most precious ballerina is Miss Ruby, my 3 year old granddaughter whom I dearly love. She not only has tap shoes on, if you look closely she once again has them on the wrong feet! I love it. Ruby takes her ballet lessons extremely seriously. And, LOVES looking at herself in the mirror!!! I just can't resist putting her in my avatar. Thank you for noticing her.

Went to town today and FORGOT my JoAnn coupons... can't believe I do that so frequently. I went there anyway and looked at the Kona Espresso and Black. How much will I need for the background? It didn't look like they have enough so I inquired to find out if I could order the amount I need without ordering a whole bolt and use my 50% off coupon. YES, I can. If someone will let me know how much I should order I can order it before the coupon expires.

Elle, I didn't make it to Quiltmania today. Probably saved about $50 by not going there!

:-D :-D :-D
Old 02-03-2011, 06:13 PM

Kathy, great batiks!

Sorry to hear about your water problems, I am in the Oklahoma City area and we are coming out of 12 inches of snow and bitter cold temperatures. Luckily, we had no problems. The schools and most businesses have been closed for a couple days also. I was home Tuesday and Wednesday and went to work for half the day today, that sounds good except, I can work from home, and I did! As soon as the weather breaks, I will be shopping for my fabrics, reds and pinks with creams for my backgrounds!