Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 07-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by pab58
Hello everyone! It's so nice to have power again!!! I've missed the Board, but I did keep busy working on two of my blocks. I just posted pics of them. I was so glad that I prepped two blocks this time around!! I don't know what I would have done during the power outage if I didn't have the blocks to work on!!!! :shock: :shock: I was already thinking yesterday that once I put in the final stitch on my second block, I wouldn't have any others to work on!!! I started to panic!!!:lol: :lol: I was ready to come back to the house and get my supplies so I could prep some more! Then about 30 minutes later we found out that the power had been restored!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D :D WOO HOO!!!!!! Unfortunately, this will be a temporary fix. They had to bring in a portable substation just to get the power up and running. Then they have to fix the "real" substation, but that is going to require that they have to turn off the power once it's ready to be switched over!! Guess I better make up several blocks to have on hand!!!! :-D :-D

Edit: OMGoodness!!!! I forgot to tell you that my wonderful friend is now part of this insanity!!! She is starting her first block this weekend while they are up north camping!! :thumbup: :thumbup: Just wait until you see her work!!! It's going to be stunning!!!! She will be making her designs using batiks. She does such beautiful applique!! ;-)
Sorry about your lack of power, but all's well that ends well if you got a couple of blocks done. Are you going to get your friend to join us on here? I hope so, now you have told us about her lovely work.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:33 PM

Well Lesley I'm trying to get her to join the gang. I think she will. I'm not sure how often she would be able to check in with us, but I think once she checks us out, she will be hooked!!! :D :D

Candace, your block is stunning!!!! It's so elegant! :wink:
Old 07-22-2011, 07:00 PM
Power Poster

Oh goodie Patty...another recruit! Can't wait to see more blocks!
Old 07-23-2011, 03:26 AM
Power Poster

Well Lesley I'm trying to get her to join the gang. I think she will. I'm not sure how often she would be able to check in with us, but I think once she checks us out, she will be hooked!!! :D :D

Candace, your block is stunning!!!! It's so elegant! :wink:
Well she doesn't have to be here every five minutes, but it would be nice if she showed us her blocks - please tell her we don't bite!
Old 07-23-2011, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
well this looks better!

it is still not very acurate, but MUCH better :D that microsoft office worked Great!

I am not finished with the embroidery on this one yet, I want to do a double line, similar to block #31
I love your block Candace. Your quilt will be stunning with a red background. I believe that yours is the only one using a red BG. I am anxious to see the rest of your blocks.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:01 AM

Well Candic I missed this post for some reason or another and have just spotted your block, thats is simply gorgeous love it.

Great that we have a new recruit as well, looking forward to seeing her blocks.

Right on with the mini spring clean, must be mad, will never be able to find anything again. However I have found a book I have been looking for that had disappeared for months
Old 07-23-2011, 06:02 AM

Hello everyone! It's so nice to have power again!!! I've missed the Board, but I did keep busy working on two of my blocks. I just posted pics of them. I was so glad that I prepped two blocks this time around!! I don't know what I would have done during the power outage if I didn't have the blocks to work on!!!! :shock: :shock: I was already thinking yesterday that once I put in the final stitch on my second block, I wouldn't have any others to work on!!! I started to panic!!!:lol: :lol: I was ready to come back to the house and get my supplies so I could prep some more! Then about 30 minutes later we found out that the power had been restored!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D :D WOO HOO!!!!!! Unfortunately, this will be a temporary fix. They had to bring in a portable substation just to get the power up and running. Then they have to fix the "real" substation, but that is going to require that they have to turn off the power once it's ready to be switched over!! Guess I better make up several blocks to have on hand!!!! :-D :-D

Edit: OMGoodness!!!! I forgot to tell you that my wonderful friend is now part of this insanity!!! She is starting her first block this weekend while they are up north camping!! :thumbup: :thumbup: Just wait until you see her work!!! It's going to be stunning!!!! She will be making her designs using batiks. She does such beautiful applique!! ;-)
We have a well & pump for our water. I remember in 2004 we were withouth electricity for quite a few days when we had 3 hurricanes in 6 weeks. The heat was awful; no fans of course and no ice. The worse part was no fresh running water for showers. I really appreciate that old saying "You never miss the water 'til the well runs dry." How true! It sounds like you have somewhere to go when your electric is off; Lucky you!
:-) :-)
Old 07-23-2011, 10:59 AM

Losie, my DH2B's eldest son has a well. They haven't lived in their new home for very long, and it's going to be a real eye-opener when their power goes out, and they have no electricity AND no water!! I'm sure they will just go to a hotel. Unfortunately, not all of us can do that. We were so blessed to have DH2B's sons to "rescue" us when it became really miserable! I could have stuck it out, but he was really having a difficult time. What finally made it so difficult for me was the air in the house was so dead -- no movement at all. Then my head started to pound. I finally gave in and agreed to go to his eldest son's house. Then the next day when it still hadn't been restored as was stated it would be, we paid his youngest single son a visit. That was the hottest day of this week-long heat wave. Even my two kitties were suffering. They just laid around and seemed so confused by it all. They are two very happy girls now that the power is back! Thank the good Lord that all is working well -- right now anyway. :D :D
Old 07-23-2011, 11:52 AM

Oh I can think of nothing worse in a heat wave like that, glad its all properly working again. Take care. Its 90 here and I went to my LQS today only to find the tourists had hit town and the parking spaces were not to be found, double parked and on the pavement, so I just had to turn around and head back home. Better luck Monday, I will go early, thatway I might be lucky.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:26 PM

Here we go on another week already! This week it's Block #15. When you are finished with this block, you will have completed the blocks for 2 rows. Feel like sewing them together? Go right ahead.

I was looking at the schedule for the 2 weeks after we finish the first 16 blocks. I have given you those 2 weeks to sew on your inner border, plus the week before that you have to sew your blocks together to make the center unit. If you are sewing ahead, you will have a 3-week vacation or 3 weeks to play catch-up. Whatever you decide to do with those weeks is terrific. Enjoy whatever you are doing. Afterall, this is supposed to be FUN!!!