Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Affairs of the Heart - Finished Quilt Photos

DSIL cleaned the a/c for us, but I still had to call the repairman,...BUT, it still saved me 100-150.00!
    So all in all, I got a wonderful gift from my dd's hubby.
    I joked with him that he did such a good job, that I should have him marry one of my daughters :XD:
    House got cooled off in a short time,...went and got my wee ones, and they were happy as clams!
    We had a blast and bought movies and had a pajama party :D :D :D
    This evening we took dd and dsil out to eat.
    Couldn't afford not to ;-)
    I did get some fabric time and I will have some more tomorrow...woo hoo...the week ends on a good note :XD:

Lesley your finished quilt is stunningly beautiful. I just knew it would be - love your borders, all the extra embroidery, flowers and hearts with ribbon simply ties it all together.

Kathy, I just love the sharks tooth border, I have looked in vain for fabric that would be suitable but no joy yet, I might copy your idea if all else fails. I was looking at the block border on Little Brown Bird but I like yours better, stunning so far and thank you for sharing the tutorial which is great fo those of us who might copy.

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The fabric I found wasn't all that "WOW" sitting on the shelf on the bolt, but I picked it up anyway, unrolled it out & laid the center on top of it. It just sang! Now I just have to figure out how to do the border that faces the opposite way - correctly without all the "variations" of the first one! :|

Blog Entries
    Lesley, congraulations on another beautiful quilt. I love your colors.

Blog Entries
    My computer was running very slow and I hit the update button twice and my message appeared twice. I guess that means your quilt is doubly beautiful.

:lol:

tms
    Lesley your quilt is AWESOME!!!! WOW!!! Inspiring beauty you have created! I agree... definite bucket list quilt! I need to get a lot better to do this quilt a bit of justice tho....

Blog Entries
    Absolutely stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Well here is my completed top - I actually finished it on the 4th, but the weather conspired against me for taking the pics. Even today the wind was difficult, and the stand I have wasn't tall enough, so I had to anchor the bottom corners in the ground with skewers, so it still isn't a straight on shot

Blog Entries
    Lesley your quilt is beautiful and I knew you would be the first one finished. lol. More prayers guys my DS lymphoma has reappeared. He goes for moe chemo Monday.Thanks

Blog Entries
    Oh jolo.....I'm sooo sorry to hear that! I will move him and your family higher up on my list.

i am moving you up to the top as well

{{{{hugs}}}}

Blog Entries
    Jolo, I will definitely pray for your son. My middle daughter is also undergoing chemo for cancer and I ask for prayers for her as well.

Jolo and Losie, You and your families are in my prayers.

girls, you sure have my prayers too. hugs

prayers coming your way from here too Losie

Blog Entries
    Losie, I'm so sorry...had no idea. Yup, you and family are added to the list.

Jolo, Fabric Galore and Losie, You and your families are also included in my prayers.

Blog Entries
    Thank you ladies. I am a great believer in the power of prayer. I know my DD will be encouraged when I tell her that you are praying for her.

Blog Entries
    Prayer is what got us this far. He was dxd in June last year and Drs amazed he went into short remission. I know it can happen again with prayer.

Finished my outer Border, applied the last applique piece on Nov 3_ 2011, now working on how it will be quilted, without touching the applique pieces, don't expect to have it quilted and the binding attached until after Xmas and the New Year, will post the final picture at that time.

Haven't figured out how to add pictures yet, can anyone direct me where to find help on this?
    Last edited by d.rickman; 11-06-2011 at 09:48 PM.
    Quilting People are the Best, Have a great sewing day!
    DonnaJ

Donna, if you look at top of the quick reply box, there is the one icon that looks like a picture. It is te third from the right. Click on it and you can browse and upload your photo.
    One thing you will have to resize it before you can attach, since it is too big from the camera and this board can't adjust size automatically. Hope this helps.
    Candi
    "Kindness is the oil that smooths the frictions in life"
    My etsy Store:
    www.itssewyoudear.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by candi View Post
    Donna, if you look at top of the quick reply box, there is the one icon that looks like a picture. It is te third from the right. Click on it and you can browse and upload your photo.
    One thing you will have to resize it before you can attach, since it is too big from the camera and this board can't adjust size automatically. Hope this helps.
    Am I too old to see this, or do I need glasses or maybe both - I do not see quick reply box - sorry but I'm not getting this posting pictures on new QB - perhaps its on this Post Quick reply box at the bottom of this reply......no laughing now or what the heck maybe I should be laughing......
    DonnaJ

Oh Donna, no laughing although I did laugh at myself eventually, lol.
    Ok so the quick reply box is the one at the bottom of the screen. Does yours have icons on the top? If not, click go advanced and You should see icons one of which is to post pictures. If you hover your mouse over the icons it tells you hats they are for. I think the size of the picture is too big from the camera though, so remember to resize it a bit smaller to post. Hope this helps.

Oh and if you want to have icons at the Quick Reply box underneath the post, you can go to your Settings next to your name at the top right ---> look at he left column---> General Settings----> and in there you can change a few things one of which under Misc. Change it to the Enhanced version.

Hope all of this helps
    Candi
    "Kindness is the oil that smooths the frictions in life"
    My etsy Store:
    www.itssewyoudear.etsy.com

Affairs of the Heart Finished Quilt Top

Here is a pic of my finished quilt top, figuring out what I want to do with the quilting and binding, will post the grand finale when completed perhaps in January 2012, now onto LBB and Dear Jane...thanks for looking and
    Candi thanks for your help - hope this works....LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DonnaJ

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast