Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Photos - Block #9

Quote Originally Posted by Mousie
    ok, as much as I don't like posting before something is finished...I said I would post yesterday and then we had a big storm.
    I couldn't take the picture with my digital camera bc i learned that new cameras only take a few pics, then you have to buy another card!
    Very nice mousie, I like the colors. Thanks for posting your WIP, I see you are embroidering the hearts before you attach them. Interesting.

I tried doing it the other way...attaching appliques first? but for me, I'd rather "adjust" the applique pieces to fit in, than have to adjust the shape of my embroidery.
    I guess I could do that too! :) thanks, andrea

ok, as much as I don't like posting before something is finished...I said I would post yesterday and then we had a big storm.
    I couldn't take the picture with my digital camera bc i learned that new cameras only take a few pics, then you have to buy another card!
    love the colors!!! Wow - did you start over Mousie?? it matches your avatar :D

Quote Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
    love the colors!!! Wow - did you start over Mousie?? it matches your avatar :D
    yes, I did start over.
    I bought the Flowers, Hearts and Garlands book and realized that my heart wanted to save the blue for that and go with my love for reds, and.... ;-)

Mousie thats really pretty, I love your colours, you did good.

Elle x

thank you, Cre and Elle :D

Blog Entries
    Oh, Mousie!! I love your block! The colors are so pretty!! Great job!! Be sure to post it again when it's all stitched down. ;) ;)

Mousie your block is beautiful. Love the red.

thank you so much pab and ann.
    I've always loved the colors in my avatar, but I don't think i realized it matched till today :XD:

That's beautiful Mousie. I love the colours and the floral and the extra centre.

Worth the wait to see.

Blog Entries
    Nice one Mousie - it's looking good.

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mousie, it's so pretty. Even unfinished, I can tell it's a winner! Ya got any more you want to share?

Bummer about the camera. I just got a new one, but I bought an 8G card & reset the factory file size down to the lowest setting. You don't really need a pic with 2MB or larger size for posting on the internet.What kind did you get? I got a cheapie - Sony Cyber-Shot at Wally World.

aww, that's very kind, dee! :D

oh, thank you, Lace!!! if you say so, then I will march forward!!! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Mousie, it's so pretty. Even unfinished, I can tell it's a winner! Ya got any more you want to share?

Bummer about the camera. I just got a new one, but I bought an 8G card & reset the factory file size down to the lowest setting. You don't really need a pic with 2MB or larger size for posting on the internet.What kind did you get? I got a cheapie - Sony Cyber-Shot at Wally World.
    thank you, kathy!
    I'm glad nobody is looking at my background and going p-u! :shock:
    I think i was just a little, oh wow! when it came...
    but the more I looked at it, the more potential I saw to dress it up and get all my fabrics playing nicely on it. :-D
    I love it now! :XD:
    About the camera...I don't know that much.
    Example: I don't know anything about re-setting the factory file size.
    Mine is a Kodak easy share C182. purple...lol. not that anyone but me would care about that.
    I don't know what size card to get.
    I don't have any more blocks finished to share right now, but I will!!! (I have planned some "hopefully", yummies! )

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mousie, to change the size of your pics, push the MENU button. You should find an option to CHANGE FILE SIZE. Choose it. Then look for the smallest number x the smallest number & choose that. Something like 640x720 or whatever. You don't want it to say 2MB x 2MB or even bigger. I have the option for something huge, but since I'm not publishing a picture in a newpaper, I don't need anything that big. Those settings are for someone who wants to make a huge picture - like 11" x 17" & have it be really crisp & clear. If you wereto post a pic that size on the internet, it just might cause the forum to freeze up trying to download it! :-) After you pick your file size, click on menu to exit the function.

I think your background is lovely Mousie.

I so wanted to use a variegated coloured background but was reluctant to purchase sight unseen over the internet. What I liked on the internet I didn't see in the flesh here and what I liked here I didn't intend paying $A25 per mt for. In the end I played it safe and ordered the Kona black which I had previously used.

I am happy with the black now but I do drool over everyone's coloured backgrounds.

not to use black was a fairly simple decision for me.
    I had just planned two quilts with black as the main background color.
    Once in a while I think, "it would have been nice to have used the black", but then I like the variety in all the pics.
    It was fun for me to shop for this background's playmates! ;)

Very pretty, Mousie. And I like your background fabric, too.

gee, you guys...you've all been so nice, I'm gonna make another block this week,...lol! ;)
    thanks, shem! I loved Patti's and couldn't find anything like it.
    I'm happy I didn't. It is an opportunity to tap into the right brain and do something unique.
    This is a henry glass/nancy crow fabric, called, "Olive Crush".
    It really plays well, with my stash and I have a yummy border fabric that is wonderful.

Blog Entries
    I just LOVE it Mousie!! Hmmm....if you slide those reds a bit more to the orange side...I could sneak down there and....OOPS! What am I saying???? Of course, I would never try to snitch your blocks...really...really....:wink:

I do love your background..wonder if it would coordinate with mine since they are both Henry Glass? I'm really happy with the olive. You will have to be a bit careful placing greens, but it does work. That is really interesting how you are embroidering the pieces before you applique them down. I never thought to try that!

Blog Entries
    Mousie, I love your block! I'm so glad to see people using other than black for a background. Very well done :thumbup:

Wow, ya'll are really doing some beautiful blocks! I haven't seen any that need a galloping horse and it's so fun to see the varied colors! Mousie, you'll have yours finished in no time and it's great too:thumbup: Three cheers for all of you!

I feel so complimented, Miss Patti, thank you!
    I will be using some oranges in my quilt, and this red has orange too.
    When I get a new camera card and take a picture instead of scanning, maybe it will show up.
    I tried doing the appliques first, but then had to squeeeze the embroidery in...didn't care for that.
    This way, I press into shape, but then when I go to put it in place if it needs tweaking, it's not hard to turn it under a little more.
    Works for me ;)
    I do love this fabric, and if you want...I have a piece that was not big enough for a block, I could drop in the mail and you could see if you want to order that for your outer border?
    I think you'll really love it with your more solid reading block places.
    If you don't decide it plays well, that's ok too.
    I like variety and I've never worked with anything like this before.
    it's fun! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    Mousie, I love your block! I'm so glad to see people using other than black for a background. Very well done :thumbup:
    oh, thank you, 7! it's fantastic to see a block like yours, that goes in one direction...kind of like summer, and then mine goes kind of like fall...fun, fun, fun :XD:

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 ... LastLast