Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Block of the Month - 1st of each month 2012. >

Block of the Month - 1st of each month 2012.

Block of the Month - 1st of each month 2012.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:04 PM

Jinnie, that's pretty. Does the fabric have snowy pine trees on it?
Old 01-28-2012, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Sewze View Post
Finally found the time to do this before next months pattern is available. WhoooHooo! Now if I can only get the pic resized and posted. Jinnie
Jinnie............your Snow Blossom block is wonderfull!! I love your yellow center with the contrasting blue fabric's. You truly have made your block personalized, just for your collection. We will be so anxious to see your February block, after it is posted, to see if you are using the same color combination. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us here today. Very nice work!!
Old 01-28-2012, 01:40 PM

I just found this site. I've never paper pieced and have never been in a BOM, but I'm game. I've printed my patterns and will go fabric hunting. If I don't have it finished by the 1st, I'll post it when I can. I see there's another new quilter trying so I won't be alone.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
I just found this site. I've never paper pieced and have never been in a BOM, but I'm game. I've printed my patterns and will go fabric hunting. If I don't have it finished by the 1st, I'll post it when I can. I see there's another new quilter trying so I won't be alone.
Irishrose, welcome and please do join in for this Calendar. No rush to finish by the 1st. Enjoy the learning process. PP is fun and very exacting for making points. We're here to help you, if needed. Jinnie

Last edited by Sewze; 01-28-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:09 PM

It was my first try at paper piecing. I had a few glitches, but, if you can sew on the printed lines, it's not hard at all! It looks far more involved than it is, IMHO. Good luck!
Can't wait to see what you make!
Old 01-29-2012, 07:14 PM

Here's January's snowblossom.
Attached Thumbnails snowblossom-january-1-29-12.jpg  
Old 01-29-2012, 11:58 PM

Welcome Irishrose!! We are all so excited to have you joining in the 2012 BOM Calendar theme project. You will never be along in this project, as all of us are here & more than willing to help you out if you need us. Sharing & caring is our goal for everyone. Have fun shopping for your fabric's. We will be looking forward to seeing your block when it's finished & posted on the picture thread. I know you can do it!!
Old 01-30-2012, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by stichinluvr View Post
Here's January's snowblossom.
Oh My!! Another beautiful Snow Blossom block has just been posted today. You ladies continue to amaze me each time I sign on to see what's going on for the day. Your block turned out really nice. I like the fabric color combination that you picked to portray your Snow Blossom, it is very striking. Nice sewmanship too. Thank you again for sharing with all of us here on the quilting board!!
Old 01-30-2012, 05:33 AM
dd

Sew, the link to the Feb block will be posted on this thread, correct? Then we really won't be using the other 2 threads, correct? There will be 2 new threads for pics and patterns for Feb, correct?
Old 01-30-2012, 08:05 AM

stichinluvr, your block is very striking. I like the contrast.

dd, you are correct that there will be two new threads started for February. The threads for January will still be here for any latecomers to enjoy but 2 new threads will be posted under Block of the Month. It's almost here! I just noticed it's leap year!