Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Block of the Month - 1st of each month 2012. >

Block of the Month - 1st of each month 2012.

Block of the Month - 1st of each month 2012.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:50 AM

Yea, Jeanine! I'm doing the same...hoping to do this year's on time but working on the other one at my own pace. Good to meet you.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:35 PM

Jeanine & Andii,
I am with the both of you gal's, as I am still working on putting together my House block quilt, from 2011. I decided to make my quilt a little bigger than just 12 blocks, so I have been looking for other pattern's to make & having some luck at that. I hope everyone will continue to share their progress with their house quilts, as I would love to see how they all went together. I plan to post some picture's of mine when I get a bit further along. Please join in & share how you are doing yours!!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:32 AM

Looking forward to getting started!
Old 01-15-2012, 01:07 PM

I'm glad to hear you're still working on your house blocks too, Sulabug.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by AddieLou View Post
Looking forward to getting started!
Addie Lou...........We are so glad to have you joining all of us, in the Block of the Month Calendar theme for 2012!! You still have plenty of time to make your January block before the next one comes out. Thankfully everyone is welcome to do all of the blocks at their own speed. No pressure!! I will be looking for you to post a picture of your block, when you are finished making it. Start your sewing machine & have FUN!!
Old 01-18-2012, 01:18 AM

Hi Again,
I hope that everyone is getting their pattern & direction's easily enough, for this lovely Snow Blossom block. So far I haven't seen a single block that wasn't just beautiful!! Everyone give yourself a pat on the back for your great work.

We still have two month's open for someone to volunteer to chose a block. Those months are March & June. So please let me know if you would like to sign up for one of them. Thank you for your time & keep on sewing!!
Old 01-18-2012, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
Hi Again,
I hope that everyone is getting their pattern & direction's easily enough, for this lovely Snow Blossom block. So far I haven't seen a single block that wasn't just beautiful!! Everyone give yourself a pat on the back for your great work.

We still have two month's open for someone to volunteer to chose a block. Those months are March & June. So please let me know if you would like to sign up for one of them. Thank you for your time & keep on sewing!!
Goodie, Goodie...........March is now taken & the best part is, it is taken by a member who lives in Ireland!! I can hardly wait to see what she picks for our pattern. Now we only need to fill the month of June & all will be well!!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:59 AM

Hi Everyone,
June is now taken so the calendar, so far, is filled!! But we are still taking signup's for a waiting list. It's so important for a waiting list, as we never know when someone might fall ill & can't follow through. So if anyone is interested, just let me know!! Have a GREAT DAY!!
Old 01-20-2012, 12:31 PM

I have these printed out here at work and will be taking them home to attempt making the block this weekend. I have never tried paper piecing but I need a kick to get back to my machine and I'll use this as the boot!
Old 01-20-2012, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by chickadee_42us View Post
I have these printed out here at work and will be taking them home to attempt making the block this weekend. I have never tried paper piecing but I need a kick to get back to my machine and I'll use this as the boot!
That's what I am talking about!! This Snow Blossom block is a very easy paper piecing pattern to make, so you go for it GIRL!! I dreaded my first try at pp'ing, but then it has become my most favorite way to make blocks!! We will be anxious to see your block when you are finished.