Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Block of the Month - 1st of each month 2012. >

Block of the Month - 1st of each month 2012.

Block of the Month - 1st of each month 2012.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:29 PM

Can you count me in too? First time for me... looking forward to having some fun. Tell me what to do next... challenged I am.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:21 PM

Default Welcome to the 2012 BOM Calendar theme project.

Originally Posted by GladGrams View Post
Can you count me in too? First time for me... looking forward to having some fun. Tell me what to do next... challenged I am.
GladGrams..........We are so glad to hear that you want to join everyone in this years block of the month project. I have enclosed the website for the pattern for the January block. It's called Snow Blossom & you can make it any way you would like. There is no need to join this project or any deadlines for you to meet. It's a work on your own time, fun time!! There are two threads for the BOM, one is for the pattern & direction's & the other is for pictures of your finished block. We love for everyone to share their finished block, so we can all see how pretty they all turned out. Enjoy making your block & keep in touch with us.

http://www.quilterscache.com/S/SnowblossomsBlock.html

Last edited by SulaBug; 01-24-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:31 PM

I do them . I have just looked at the Jan. pattern and think I have just the right fabric for this block. It will be fun to do them, as I,d have the whole month to do 1 block.And I,ve got lots of scraps to use up.
This will be a first for me also.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by wolf3349 View Post
I do them . I have just looked at the Jan. pattern and think I have just the right fabric for this block. It will be fun to do them, as I,d have the whole month to do 1 block.And I,ve got lots of scraps to use up.
This will be a first for me also.
Welcome to the 2012 BOM project!! We are always glad to get new participants making blocks with us & having so much fun. Good Luck with your Snow Blossom block & we will be anxious to see it when you are finished. Be sure & post a picture, if you can!!
Old 01-26-2012, 05:26 PM

Welcome new ladies. Having you on board is a help to me - it challenges me to keep up because you are interested in seeing all the wonderful work the ladies (and gents) on this quilting board do.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:26 AM

I decided last night after reading the discussion to *try* the paper piecing and see if I could do it.
The January block is finished and posted in the photo thread!
Thanks for hosting SulaBug! I need to push myself and do things outside my comfort zone, and I think this BOM is a great place to start trying out new things.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:24 AM

I think I'm biting off a bit much this year but I just have to try this BOM also! I'm hoping I can find the new block each month. I'm going to make January now - and won't have long to wait for Feb!
Old 01-27-2012, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by dixie_fried View Post
I decided last night after reading the discussion to *try* the paper piecing and see if I could do it.
The January block is finished and posted in the photo thread!
Thanks for hosting SulaBug! I need to push myself and do things outside my comfort zone, and I think this BOM is a great place to start trying out new things.
Dixie..........I am so glad to hear that you have made the January Snow Blossom block. Good for you!! The BOM is a neat way to try out & learn new technique's that you wouldn't normally do. Also having a month to work on your project is always nice, no hurries. I can't tell you enough that this is how I have learned so many new to me things. Welcome to our 2012 Calendar theme project. I am anxious to see your first block.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by stichinluvr View Post
I think I'm biting off a bit much this year but I just have to try this BOM also! I'm hoping I can find the new block each month. I'm going to make January now - and won't have long to wait for Feb!
Hello & Welcome to the 2012 BOM Calendar theme project. We are also glad to have you joining in with us, on all of the fun!! I think you will surprise yourself with how easy this Snow Blossom block is to make. If you have any troubles in finding the new block each month, don't hesitate to PM me or anyone else that is participating & we will get you pointed in the right direction!! At least I hope we can!! I will be anxiously waiting to see a photo of your first block. Good Luck.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:34 AM

Default Jan 2012 BOM-Snowblossoms

Finally found the time to do this before next months pattern is available. WhoooHooo! Now if I can only get the pic resized and posted. Jinnie
Attached Thumbnails jan.2012-bom.jpg