Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Block of the Month - 1st of each month 2012. >

Block of the Month - 1st of each month 2012.

Block of the Month - 1st of each month 2012.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Deecee View Post
Oh my heaven this is so awesome. I am so glade I have found a great place to be
Old 01-04-2012, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Janice46 View Post
Oh my heaven this is so awesome. I am so glade I have found a great place to be
Janice46..........We are so glad that your found this wonderful place too!! I just know that you will have so much fun sewing & sharing this year's blocks, with all of the rest of us. Enjoy!!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:50 AM

I love this type of Swap! It's a great way to share your expertise or lack of! lol

My first swap was in 2004 and an entire group swapped "kitty" blocks. You could use any method you liked making all the same size blocks! I learned so much, later in a different swap which I hostessed on Block Central was called "Block Party Surprise"..members signed up and each was assigned a month to choose a block and alternate..had to be a free online pattern everyone could obtain. We had to post a photo of our block or we would be out of the swap! There were blocks that I never would have attempted if not required to continue with the swap.

These swaps really do help everyone to learn new things and get better doing old ones!

Hugs,
CajunBear
Old 01-04-2012, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by CajunBear View Post
I love this type of Swap! It's a great way to share your expertise or lack of! lol

My first swap was in 2004 and an entire group swapped "kitty" blocks. You could use any method you liked making all the same size blocks! I learned so much, later in a different swap which I hostessed on Block Central was called "Block Party Surprise"..members signed up and each was assigned a month to choose a block and alternate..had to be a free online pattern everyone could obtain. We had to post a photo of our block or we would be out of the swap! There were blocks that I never would have attempted if not required to continue with the swap.

These swaps really do help everyone to learn new things and get better doing old ones!

Hugs,
CajunBear
CajunBear,
I just want to make sure that you know this is not a swap. The blocks that we make are for our own private use. It is so exciting to hear all of the other swaps that you have participated in. It is so fun getting together & sharing in our learning experiences & reap the rewards!! Thank you for sharing with all of us here today.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
CajunBear,
I just want to make sure that you know this is not a swap. The blocks that we make are for our own private use. It is so exciting to hear all of the other swaps that you have participated in. It is so fun getting together & sharing in our learning experiences & reap the rewards!! Thank you for sharing with all of us here today.
OH yes I do understand it is not a swap, should have clarified! Thanks!
CajunBear
Old 01-05-2012, 03:20 PM

Default thanks

Thanks so much for making this not only fun but I sure am learning too , everyone's pics sure help a lot !
Old 01-08-2012, 05:45 PM

I'm looking forward to starting the new year with a new BOM project!
Old 01-09-2012, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by luv2sew2 View Post
I'm looking forward to starting the new year with a new BOM project!
luv2sew2............YEAH!! We are so glad to have you join in this 2012 BOM project. I just know you are going to have so much fun & we will be excited to see your picture's as you post them.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:02 PM

Wow! It's been at least 10 years since I did any paperpiecing...took me awhile to get the hang of it again, but I got it done. Very pleased with how it turned out...this is going to be fun joining in on this BOM! Just uploaded the pic & don't know why it looks pinks...actual colors are lt. blue with lime green stars & white on white; the dark blue is little twinkle stars in lt. blue & white.
Attached Thumbnails quiltingboard-bom-2012-jan.-paperpieced.jpg  

Last edited by VickiM; 01-10-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:37 PM

OOPS! Think I was supposed to post this to the pic section of this...sorry. Will change the batteries in the camera & see if that takes care of the pink problem...will do that tomorrow. I saw alot of pretty blocks already posted in that area.