Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
BLOCK OF THE MONTH - APRIL 2007 - Frolic Variation and/or Arrowheads - Directions & Discussion >

BLOCK OF THE MONTH - APRIL 2007 - Frolic Variation and/or Arrowheads - Directions & Discussion

BLOCK OF THE MONTH - APRIL 2007 - Frolic Variation and/or Arrowheads - Directions & Discussion

Old 04-23-2007, 12:06 PM

Like Gwen, I was able to open the applique instructions but I was unable to get the template. I tried everything (I do have a current Adobe version) even went directly to McCall's site but all I got was an error message asking if i wanted to "debug" "cancel" or "send an error message". I tried all 3 but didn't change a thing. ???? Anybody guess what I must be doing wrong? Feathers
Old 04-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Administrator

you are probably not doing anything wrong. most likely an argument between your browser and the server. try this:

go back to the mccall's site (http://mccallsquilting.com/qb/pattern_404/)
right-click on the link to the templates file
select the option "save target as"
save it to your computer.

you'll probably be able to open it in adobe once it's one your side of the information super highway.

if that doesn't work, send me a PM. there's more than one way to skin the .... wait!!! what am i sayin'? that could hurt!
:shock:

i mean there's more than one way around this barn.
:mrgreen:
Old 04-23-2007, 02:42 PM

Patrice...you saved the day! THANK YOU! I followed your instructions and got to the templates and got my pattern. I'm now ready to make a BOM block! I sure appreciate your help. Thanks, again.
Feathers
Old 04-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Administrator

kitty is very happy to hear that. she wasn't particularly looking forward to getting skinned - whether in one way or the other.
:mrgreen:
Old 04-23-2007, 04:31 PM

Patrice:
I notice you have a kitty under your name...is this your baby or just a cute picture you found? Don't skin the cat! Our kitty was skinned in a car engine...we fostered him until we realized he was already at his "forever home" at our house! :lol: We foster kitties for our local rescue. Have had 39 visit us from one or two months to 2 years. Today we lost our beloved dog who was 17 years old. We will miss her forever and we are heartbroken.
Feathers
Old 04-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Administrator

i'm sorry to hear about the loss of your furry family member.

that kitten pic was one in a bunch of cute and funny animal photos a friend of mine forwarded to me. i have no idea where it started. that particular collection has been getting passed around the internet for a couple of years now.

it's part of the wallpaper on my work computer, too. no matter how bad a mood i'm in, i can't help but smile at least a little when i glance at it.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:43 AM

Patrice, I was going to mention that your kitten and my cat must be related, because thats how she sleeps all the time. As you can see, she is right under my sewing machine. Has to be where I am.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:17 AM

Jessie:
Your baby is darling (both human and furry). Our big kitty is my "scrap kitty" and my sewing kitty. He sleeps in a scrapbox right next to my knees under the sewing machine and when I tip the scrap box over looking for a piece of fabric just the right color or size, he's right there in the middle of things "helping" me find what I need. :lol:
Feathers
Old 04-24-2007, 08:01 PM

Feathers, he is adorable, my baby loves to sleep on my fabric too. When I am in my sewing room, she has to be right there.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:06 PM

What part of NC do you live in to get all that snow? My daughter lived in the Fayetteville area for a long time and tho it was cold and rainy, it never snowed there to my knowledge! I'm in WV and we have about 9-10" snow in our front yard... That's a LOT more than I want.. LOL <not a winter person> Love your house!