BOM 2011

Old 09-25-2010, 12:27 PM

Don't forget houseboats. :-) I really like the in-houses. Is that where in-laws live? I'm an out-law so I had to ask.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Belles
Originally Posted by SulaBug
I LOVE all of these idea's. Please keep them coming!! :thumbup: I do want to say that all of the BOM theme's are for you to keep. This is not a swap. Come join us & have some great fun!!
:D :D :D :D
I vote for houses, homes, lighthouses, outhouses, (inhouses), big houses, small houses, houses with wheels, apartment houses, duplex houses, condo houses, bird houses and maybe even nests! Belles
I take it your vote is for Houses of any kind!! :D I like your idea, too. We will just have to wait & see which idea gets the most votes!! Thank you for your in-put!!
Old 09-26-2010, 03:29 PM

What if each month was a diffrent theme, but all kinda related. Like blocks for States or Railroad was the depression time, or even the undrground railroad. All done in Civil War fabric. Sorry we just had a Quilt show here this past week and a vendor for Canton Ohiowas here and she designs her own fabric and ladies that is all I can think about.
We started the Farmers Wife Quilt back in May and I have not liked my squares, was going to go scrappy, figured that was the way they did things back then. But I also wanted fabric from the 20's. Think I am going to redo all my squares with her fabric. Don't you love the way I got off track
What I mean to say is lets do something to represent that month.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:37 PM

I like that idea, different kind of houses, Churchs etc a town. The town with the gazebo in the center sounds good too. But I am really limited on what I am able to do. On the other hand I guess this will help me to learn or get better
Old 09-26-2010, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by damaquilts
I was kinda kidding but look at the sites I found. There are even books on outhouses. LOL Not just a couple but a bunch didn't think there would be all that much on them.
I had to use one in AZ when I was little at a neighbors.
Hot -Cold snd stinky kinds of sums it up. :-)

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/set/outhouse.html

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/we-outhouse.html

http://www.amazon.com/Outhouses-Flus.../dp/1933192259

There was even a calender.
I thought you were showing patterns for quilt blocks....lol
Old 09-27-2010, 06:04 AM

I'm finally slowed down on "grandma duties " , so I would love to do a BOM . my vote is for the houses.....can't wait to begin !
Old 09-27-2010, 06:28 AM

i really like outhouses my bathroom is all outhouses - seemed to me to be appropriate - my DH doesn't care for them - so none in his bathroom :) I haven't seen a pattern for one - i am sure they are out there though
Old 09-28-2010, 09:55 AM

I would like to do a BOM. I just recently printed off one for applique flowers that's really pretty. But it can wait.

I would like to do one here as a group. So whatever is decided I will try and join along.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by sewhappy30
I would like to do a BOM. I just recently printed off one for applique flowers that's really pretty. But it can wait.

I would like to do one here as a group. So whatever is decided I will try and join along.
Please go ahead & do your flower applique block. I am anxious to see how it turns out!! :D This block of the month won't start until the first of January, 2011. So you can see, you have plenty of time!! We are so glad that you want to participate along with the rest of us. It's such fun!!
Old 09-28-2010, 11:56 AM

This sounds like fun...will think on it....Bella on line/quilt patterns has lots of great suggestions