BOM 2011

Old 10-03-2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
Originally Posted by gypsylady5
I also think the Blocks from the Bible would be interesting to make into a sampler quilt.
Ooh, I'd love that, too!!! :thumbup: :D Thanks for the great suggestion.
I think a religious theme would eliminate several people from participating.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by lab fairy
I also think the Blocks from the Bible would be interesting to make into a sampler quilt.
I appreciate your concern, but if there was more than one BOM offered, then folks could choose for themselves what interested them. Many were already discussing the possibility of at least two different BOM's, stars and houses were mentioned. This idea might encourage even a third choice. I realize not everyone is going to interested in any choices offered. That's why there are a gazillion different BOM's all over the net.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by lab fairy
I appreciate your concern, but if there was more than one BOM offered, then folks could choose for themselves what interested them. Many were already discussing the possibility of at least two different BOM's, stars and houses were mentioned. This idea might encourage even a third choice. I realize not everyone is going to interested in any choices offered. That's why there are a gazillion different BOM's all over the net.
Aren't politics and religion "no-no-s" on this board? I am very aware there are numerous BOM's in cyberspace. I also know this will irk many people but my opinion is either go to one of those gazillion other BOM's for a religious theme or expand that theme to include all religions.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:50 AM

I personally would go for any of these themes. I love stars, never done houses and the idea of mother/grandmother is cool as long as it doesn't involve hand piecing, LOL.

Looking forward to see what the group decides.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:45 AM

I love the grandmother, mom blocks, but I am open to any BOM. I just love them all.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:11 PM

I am just anxious for January to get started. all the suggestions have pros and cons for me. My biggest concern is having the ability to follow along.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by pamdux
I love the grandmother, mom blocks, but I am open to any BOM. I just love them all.
newbie here, anxious to join for 2011. agree with pamdux "love them all". stars kind of done to death though. state blocks might be more unique. mom/g'mom cool too.

look forward to whatever gets chosen.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:15 PM

I like houses and stars both. We could run two together and set certain colors for one and let one be different colors.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Banned

Has anyone seen Carol Doak's book, "50 Fabulous Paper Pieced Stars"? It would interest those who want to do a block for each state. Each star in this book is named for a state. Let me tell you, they are breath-taking..........
Old 10-05-2010, 10:24 AM

I love Carol Doak's stuff but would that mean we would all have to find that book? Just thinking ahead.

Maybe we could have a paper piecing block for those who like that, an applique block for those who like that, a traditional block for those who want that... Wow, we could BOM for years and never fit them all in. This could be very interesting.