BOM 2011

Old 12-26-2010, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Midwestmary
I'm looking forward to this, too - received my first digital camera for Christmas - so will be able to upload photos (once I learn how!)....

MommaK - your rescue, Molly is adorable!
Mary, Thank you very much! I call her Sissy, Mommy's little girl. She's really is adorable. She is still a puppy, I found her she was trying to cross the busy highway. She was scared and wouldn't come to me but a maintanence worker helped me catch her. She stood motionless on the drive home. I groomed her and noticed the big sores on her back and head. The whites of her little eyes were blood covered from broken blood vessles in both eyes. I felt so bad for her I cried. The vet said she was badly abused. So, we got her shots and now a big part of our family. She has to other adopted Brothers, Bear is our hound, a small black and tan hound. And Nicholas a Lhasa Apso. He was covered with hair so matted he had to be shaved. So I call them my babies, spoiled but so well deserve it as they give so much love in return. Geee I get rambling about the "kids" and can't shut up! Sorry...
Old 12-26-2010, 05:24 PM

I so agree about the love the give us in return!!!! I have 4 Yorkies!
Old 12-26-2010, 05:42 PM

Awww..Yorkies are adorable!
Old 12-26-2010, 08:45 PM

This sounds like fun. I think I want to do both. Would these type of blocks be okay to have the same background fabric and scraps for the actual house or star?
Old 12-27-2010, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Momofthree
This sounds like fun. I think I want to do both. Would these type of blocks be okay to have the same background fabric and scraps for the actual house or star?
It is your quilt and you can do it your way.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:35 AM

I agree...let the learning and fun begin !
Old 12-27-2010, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Blinky
I so agree about the love the give us in return!!!! I have 4 Yorkies!
I'm happy for Molly that she found a good home :) - so many abused and homeless animals...I have two doggies - both poodle mixes - love 'em both!

Just one more week for this BOM to start - I've been thinking about what color theme to use...it will be fun! :thumbup:
Old 12-27-2010, 01:03 PM

Did I miss the announcement of the first block? I saw we were getting to pick houses/bldgs. and/or stars (2 separate bom's) but although I saw some stars ALREADY MADE (CHEATERS) I didn't see a pattern for the star nor did I didn't see a pattern for any buildings.

If I missed something someone PM me the link pretty please????

Peggy
Old 12-27-2010, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by IBQLTN
Did I miss the announcement of the first block? I saw we were getting to pick houses/bldgs. and/or stars (2 separate bom's) but although I saw some stars ALREADY MADE (CHEATERS) I didn't see a pattern for the star nor did I didn't see a pattern for any buildings.

If I missed something someone PM me the link pretty please????

Peggy
You haven't missed anything yet, Peggy. Sulabug will be posting the first house block on January 1 and I will be posting the first star block on January 15. Not sure what the stars are you've seen, but they're not the BOM because we won't start until Jan. 14. Love to have you join in.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:21 PM

Would you believe I can't find them now either ... I SWEAR they were there! I wonder which thread I wander onto! :)