BOM 2011

Old 12-26-2010, 09:41 AM

Sorry, have a bad connection here...thats why the dupe.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:08 AM

I like this idea, of the houses, how do you get a copy of the directions for the block of the month houses?
Old 12-26-2010, 10:13 AM

Sulabug will post a link to the design for each month on the 1st of the month. You will be able to download the design and work from there. She will also start a page for people to post their pictures as they get their blocks done. It will be loads of fun.

Originally Posted by nangars
I like this idea, of the houses, how do you get a copy of the directions for the block of the month houses?
Old 12-26-2010, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by nangars
This is from Judys post above...if any other questions I'm sure she can help.

Judy>>>With the blocks of the month, you can do whatever you want. There will be a house block posted on the first of each month and a star block posted on the 15th. This is not a swap and there are no time limits in which you have to get anything done. This/these is/are a project just for you. You can do one or both each month, whatever you want to do. Please don't feel stupid. Lots of time projects (particularly swaps) have time limits in which you need to get something done, but the block(s) of the month are not like that. You work at your own pace, you pick whatever fabrics you want and do whatever you want with the final blocks. For instance, I am going to do both BOM's and hopefully end up with two beautiful lap size quilts (12 blocks would end up being 36" x 48" without sashing or borders). I could also envision a larger quilt incorporating both the stars and houses. But it is up to you to decide what or how much you want to do. Usually there is only one block of the month, but we had a lot of interest in both houses and stars and decided to try it with two this year. I think both BOM's are going to be a lot of fun. I know doing the houses will be a stretch for me as I can foresee paperpiecing and working with templates (neither of which are my favorite things), but this is my year to stretch my boundaries. I know I will love doing the stars and I love all star blocks. I hope you join us.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:50 PM

I am definitely going to try to do both (provided they are not too hard), but then I guess that all depends on where you are in your quilting. HUH? Oh well I am game for anything and I do believe I did vote for houses and stars. So I am looking forward to January 1 and January 15. Lets go girls. LOL. I really am excited.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:19 PM

I'd love to learn some new stars...........Especially Lone Star
Old 12-26-2010, 02:18 PM

You got it Momma K....It's always a learning experience around here. I thing I'm gonna do both also.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:29 PM

Sounds like fun to me.

So I just sign on the site on Jan 1 and the block will be there, is that what we do?
Old 12-26-2010, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by marymc
Excited for this challenge. Jeanine, you said you'd help me so be warned. :)
I'm ready! And I'm sure you'll get a lot of help from everyone else here.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:51 PM

I'm looking forward to this, too - received my first digital camera for Christmas - so will be able to upload photos (once I learn how!)....

MommaK - your rescue, Molly is adorable!