BOM 2011

Old 10-23-2010, 06:59 PM

I've never done BOM but the house/town idea sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to use some scraps. Are the blocks 12"?
Old 10-23-2010, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
I've never done BOM but the house/town idea sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to use some scraps. Are the blocks 12"?
Yes, the blocks will be 12" finished. We will be looking forward to you participating, with all of us, in the 2011 BOM swap!! I am getting more & more excited!!
:D :D :D :D
Old 10-24-2010, 10:06 AM

I really want to this again next year. I vote for stars! (Chocolate ones for me)I did not enjoy the last houses we were swapping, so I dropped out. If houses win this time, I may work on the Chocolate Stars by myself.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:28 AM

We don't swap blocks do we?
Old 10-24-2010, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by cbridges22
No we don't swap blocks here. We just all make the same block with our choices of fabrics/colors, keep them, and hopefully later make them into a quilt :thumbup:
Old 10-24-2010, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
Yes, the blocks will be 12" finished. We will be looking forward to you participating, with all of us, in the 2011 BOM swap!! I am getting more & more excited!!
I have never joined a BOM on here before. Would you tell me where will we get our patterns from? Looking forward to this.
Greeter Eva
Old 10-24-2010, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
I really want to this again next year. I vote for stars! (Chocolate ones for me)I did not enjoy the last houses we were swapping, so I dropped out. If houses win this time, I may work on the Chocolate Stars by myself.
Missgigglewings!! :D
We want you to join us again this year, too. We are working hard on choosing a wonderful theme & I believe that you & everyone else are going to just LOVE it!! :D So hang on, while the details are all worked out & we can start the thread for 2011.
Looking forward to the beginning!! :D
Sulabug
:D :D :D
Old 10-24-2010, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by cbridges22
cbridges22,
No, this is not a block swap. These blocks will be for you to keep & make your own quilt, at the end of the year. We are so excited getting ready to share. I hope you will join in.
Sew Happy
Sulabug,
Old 10-24-2010, 12:28 PM

Hi all! I have a question.....I saw a "BOM" that I absolutely LOVE but it isn't like the BOM we are talking about....I mean you have to buy the fabric or something. Can someone explain how I can participate in it? I mean, is it done through a LQS or what?? I'm new so still learning.
It's called "Aunt Gracie's Circle of Friends" and here's the site:
http://www.bloomcreek.com/store/prod...s/?product=170
THANKS!!
Old 10-24-2010, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Greeter Eva
Originally Posted by SulaBug
I have never joined a BOM on here before. Would you tell me where will we get our patterns from? Looking forward to this.
Greeter Eva
GreeterEve,
I am so glad that you are looking forward to being a part of the 2011 BOM. Starting in January, the pattern for each month will be posted. Then you can make your block anytime you want too, for that month. Each month after that, the next pattern will be posted. I know you will have fun with all of the rest of us!!
Sew Happy,
Sulabug