BOM 2011

Old 11-27-2010, 06:00 PM

Hi, I like both of the blocks,,,,,,,,,,,,but I have a question about the 2010 quilt,,,,where is the one for December? The other thing I have been confused about is, the BOM has several different groups and I get confused about which one I am coping the patterns and making the blocks for. The blocks seem almost too random, and different sizes. (ie 10" and 12").
Old 11-27-2010, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by bgullett
I am sorry to be a dope, but how does the BOM work with the Board?
You are not a dope. Someone will put up a link to each block each month. That is one block a month. You go to the link and make the block and if you can take a picture and post it here on the board. I hope this makes sense. It is fun. You choose your fabrics you want to use. So everyone, that wants to do this, follows the same block but with their fabric. It is fun to see how each block is different with what each person chooses.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by TN Donna
Sula Bug are you going to play Santa and give us the first block free?
Donna,
I do believe that I will be posting the first free block on January 1st. There will be more information about the BOM for 2011, sometime in December. I am so excited to get started, too!! :D This is going to be so much fun!! :D I have been trying to pick out the color's of fabric that I need for the whole year. WOW, what a chore that is, as all of the fabric's I like are so pretty. So, stay tuned ladies & before you know it, it will time to get started.
Sew Happy,
Sulabug
:D :D :D
Old 11-27-2010, 08:04 PM

With the holidays coming up, everyone will be so busy they won't have time to worry about the BOM and January will be here before we all know it.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:36 PM

I am looking forward!! Thank you so much!

Originally Posted by SulaBug
Donna,
I do believe that I will be posting the first free block on January 1st. There will be more information about the BOM for 2011, sometime in December. I am so excited to get started, too!! :D This is going to be so much fun!! :D I have been trying to pick out the color's of fabric that I need for the whole year. WOW, what a chore that is, as all of the fabric's I like are so pretty. So, stay tuned ladies & before you know it, it will time to get started.
Sew Happy,
Sulabug
Old 11-28-2010, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Matilda
I am looking forward!! Thank you so much!

Originally Posted by SulaBug
Donna,
Sew Happy,
Sulabug
Hi, I'm new to this.
I thought the Bom blocks are free, am I mistaken? I'm sorry should I misunderstood something.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:32 AM

Loving Mama, The block are free
Old 11-28-2010, 02:17 PM

Hi Ladies,

Yes, all of the blocks for the 2011 Block of the Month will be posted from free websites!! :D No one has to buy any pattern's. Although you are also free to make any pattern you like to add to your collection. Some ladies like to end up having more than just the 12 blocks posted. For instance, I have made two blocks each month for the 2010 BOM, so my quilt would be larger. But that is entirely up to the individual. So start thinking how you might want yours to turn out!! :D

Have a Wonderful Day,
Cheryl
Sulabug
Old 11-28-2010, 03:36 PM

Has the BOM 2011 been decided yet... been out of town for awhile...
Old 11-28-2010, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Blinky
Has the BOM 2011 been decided yet... been out of town for awhile...
No, it hasn't been decided yet. It should be announced sometime in December. So relax, you haven't missed a thing!!
:D :D :D :D