BOM 2011

Old 11-14-2010, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Qbee
Originally Posted by wanabquilter
I vote for two BOM's__One with different house's that are applliqued__ one of stars pieced.
I know I am new here, but this way there is something for all, and then the more season quilter can do both.
Wait.....I didn't know the houses have to be appliqued? They could be pieced too right? Otherwise...newbies would be left out. :(
Yes.. pieced please! and some applique. and paper piecing. Make me stretch and grow!
Old 11-15-2010, 05:21 AM

This sounds like a great row by row project to me! 8-)

Originally Posted by Bluelady
I vote for two BOM's__One with different house's that are applliqued__ one of stars pieced.
I know I am new here, but this way there is something for all, and then the more season quilter can do both.
Wait.....I didn't know the houses have to be appliqued? They could be pieced too right? Otherwise...newbies would be left out. :(
Yes.. pieced please! and some applique. and paper piecing. Make me stretch and grow!
Old 11-15-2010, 08:56 AM

I like idea of the three techniques, pieceing, paper piecing and applique. I'm pretty good at piecing but the other two I've not done alot of so I could use some practice. I love the "look" of one block quilts but my favorite are samplers. Take care, Chris
Old 11-15-2010, 01:36 PM

I don't do applique either so I will figure out a way to piece mine.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:25 PM

Houses do sound good!
Old 11-15-2010, 03:02 PM

I like the all 3 techniques even though I am not fan of PP. Remember this will be mine so if there is a technique I don't want to do I can change it if necessary. I do like the house and star idea. I think this will be a fun BOM. Thanks to all who will be designing the blocks and getting this project started
Nonnie
Old 11-15-2010, 03:31 PM

Nonnie, how do I get to the house technique bom?
Old 11-15-2010, 03:35 PM

Newbie here--will the BOM be posted when it is ready to start? Where shall I watch for the announcement?
Old 11-15-2010, 03:40 PM

I don't know. I was talking about myself using techiniques I know. The BOM aren't out so I don't know what they are. It was PP I don't like so I was planning on doing something else if whatever the block was. If that makes any sense
Old 11-15-2010, 04:05 PM

oh dear, this is sounding complicated....lol what are the bom going on now that a person can join?....and I might need to know how to get to it?