Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Dear Jane I9, K9, M8, & TR5 pics >

Dear Jane I9, K9, M8, & TR5 pics

Dear Jane I9, K9, M8, & TR5 pics

Old 01-01-2010, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Elle, your blocks are beautiful. AsianJane...I like it!
Thanks Esqmommy Asian Jane sound like a bit of a floozy to me LOL.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:33 AM

[quote=BlueChicken][quote=okie]
Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Originally Posted by okie
I may have missed a step but after reading BlueChicken post are we supposed to attach our sashing as we go?
No.... I'm not doing a normal sashing, mine will be the Storm at Sea setting, which means squares in squares and a LOT more piecing. I don't want to get to the end and have to do all the sashing in one hit, so I'm planning on adding mine as I go to minimise the stress and work.
I love the storm at sea setting! I think I will try it. I need another table topper and I will try it on one and see how it goes.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sunrise450
I have a question here. I read somewhere that before you print for paper piecing, you should check and print all blocks reversed. That way any block that needs to be reversed will be and it won't matter to those that don't have to be reversed.
Has anyone else heard or read of this? I am going to try it today, if it is not so I will only lose a couple pieces of paper. If it is so then I won't make the mistake I made on my triangle.
no, i haven't heard of any printing everything that way.

let me know how the experiment works out for you
Old 01-01-2010, 08:51 AM

I have a question here. I read somewhere that before you print for paper piecing, you should check and print all blocks reversed. That way any block that needs to be reversed will be and it won't matter to those that don't have to be reversed.
Has anyone else heard or read of this? I am going to try it today, if it is not so I will only lose a couple pieces of paper. If it is so then I won't make the mistake I made on my triangle.
Oh how I hope this is right. I have wasted time having to redo because I thought triangle BR2 wasn't reversed, it is, had to redo. Think I will try this as well.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Banned

Oh how I hope this is right. I have wasted time having to redo because I thought triangle BR2 wasn't reversed, it is, had to redo. Think I will try this as well.
BR2 has to be mirrored? i haven't made it yet - i plan to this weekend.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:08 AM

that's what I'm hearing...I am having major printing issues with my DJ software. I'm going to try again today...and hope for the best. I am going to mirror it as I was told by ???(I just woke up and I'm a little hung over from our party last night) that it must be mirrored. Sorry I'm forgetting...
Old 01-01-2010, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns

BR2 has to be mirrored? i haven't made it yet - i plan to this weekend.
I found out the time consumming way it is to be mirrored but from working with it I'm think I'm going to have to wait for the tute. I've heard you all talk about Y seams, I think this one has one and I have no idea what you do with them. One of my goals of the party is to learn or figure things out on my own. Klue or anyone when you start on this tell me if I'm right or wrong I think there is a Y seam where the A section (6 pcs) G section (2 pcs) and the D section (4 pcs) come together. There is a possiblity there is another Y with the A and B section. I'm not going to work it until I see the tute but I would like to see if my thought process in going in the right direction. Then again I've been told I make easy things hard.

Another concern, I am right it putting this question here or should I put questions of the nature somewhere else. Is this post just for pics or pics and help aids.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
that's what I'm hearing...I am having major printing issues with my DJ software. I'm going to try again today...and hope for the best. I am going to mirror it as I was told by ???(I just woke up and I'm a little hung over from our party last night) that it must be mirrored. Sorry I'm forgetting...
Sounds like someone had a good time
:roll:
Old 01-01-2010, 10:30 AM

It was OKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, had fun. I only had two drinks, but I don't really drink anymore so they hit me hard! I'm so fuzzy this morning and tired!! We stayed up until 2:30, and I didn't really sleep well after that. I think I will sleep like a rock tonight, and probably even take a nap at some point today.

But I hear that triangle calling. If I can only get it to to print properly... :!: :!: :!:
Old 01-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Banned

i just printed out the pattern for BR2 and taped it up and colored the sections and i'm not seeing why this would have to be mirrored.

here's pics

front pattern of BR2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]61418[/ATTACH]

back pattern of BR2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]61419[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-61418.jpe   attachment-61419.jpe