Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012 >

Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012

Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012

Old 12-11-2011, 05:36 AM

Whatever you do, don't forget to change the blocksize when printing triangles or blocks as I just did. I ended up with 4.5 " triangles Almost done and now I have to start all over again!
Old 12-11-2011, 06:16 AM
Power Poster

If you'll just pull up the quilt, then when you click on a block or tri to print it, click on "size from quilt" and it will be correct every time. You won't need to figure out that you must print your tris 8 x 5 or the kites 8 x 8
Old 12-11-2011, 06:21 AM

Thanks sandpat, I didn't know that. I guess I should have read the manual better!
Old 12-11-2011, 07:10 AM

I'm definitely going to join the group. Been on my list of things to do for a long time. Now I'll get serious and actually do it
Old 12-11-2011, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat View Post
If you'll just pull up the quilt, then when you click on a block or tri to print it, click on "size from quilt" and it will be correct every time. You won't need to figure out that you must print your tris 8 x 5 or the kites 8 x 8
sandpat, I've tried to do that with foundation printing but that doesn't work. You have to adjust the measurements yourself. Or am I missing something?
Old 12-11-2011, 10:29 AM

I bought the EQ DJ software so I am ready to begin. I have never done a DJ before so I will need lots of help. I also have my background fabric and lots of scraps from my stash. I am really looking forward to this project. I am going on a quilt retreat in March and I figure that if I am really behind I can use my retreat time to catch up. LOL
Old 12-11-2011, 10:55 AM

]If you'll just pull up the quilt, then when you click on a block or tri to print it, click on "size from quilt" and it will be correct every time. You won't need to figure out that you must print your tris 8 x 5 or the kites 8 x 8[

/Sandpat, you kept telling me that also when i was doing my blocks, and i could never figure out 'where' you went to pull up the quilt. sorry, i must be dense. when the quilt was up, and i could click on a block, there was no place to click 'size from quilt." where you in the library section or the 'about the quilt' section or where?
sorry to be so dense, but it was just easier for me to work with each block, from the palet and do them individually. sorry.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:12 PM

My situation is that i have a MAC laptop with bootcamp on it. The bootcamp allows me to allow so much memory to a window format so I can use PC software. That is not my problem. I am having problem with getting on the internet from that side and also getting my printer to work from that site. Just frustrated. I think I will go over to the Apple store and ask for some help. If my son was here, I could get him to solve it. You know how it is......I want to start now and don't want to wait. LOL. so having to wait is the frustrations that I am experiencing. But I see enough people here have that program and so I will keep it and try to figure out a way to get the printing up and going. I wanted to try a few blocks to see if i was up to this task. Patience patience patience. AAAAAAHHHHH>
Old 12-11-2011, 04:40 PM

UR, you don't have to go on the internet to work the jane CD. if u install the CD on your computer that is all u need.
dble click on the jane icon or program to get to it. you should then have icons along the left edge. the 2nd one down is
' design my quilt" click on that. that should get you a plain 'grid looking page'.
along the top then you will see words. one of them will be libraries. click it.PALLET is what you want, click it, to see the list of ALL the different quilts that the CD has for examples of ways we can make jane. they are finished quilts by different people.
click on the civil war repo.( you can change it later)
then at the bottom of the page click on 'copy" this puts a quilt in the computer. after that you can start printing blocks. if you get this far, then i will tell you more.

Last edited by sewNso; 12-11-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Power Poster

sew...I don't have the program installed on 'this" computer, but on another one, so I don't have the program open to look at right now...but....if you follow your instructions above and then have your quilt (or the civil war repro) on the screen, thats what you need. Now.....click on a block to highlight it, then click on File, then Print...(I can't remember exactly right here...I think here is where you select whether you want to print foundation patterns, templates or whatever)...click on whichever you want. On the screen that now pops open...you should see options (I believe its on the left hand side) where you can mirror image, change the size, etc. Right above where you plug in the size you want, it says "Size from quilt" and has a little box to check. Check the box. Thats all there is to it.

Tomorrow, I'll turn on that other computer and correct any of this information that is wrong.