Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012 >

Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012

Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012

Old 01-06-2012, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
I purchased the DJ triangle ruler and I made BR1. I am not sure where to measure this on the ruler.
If you're printing the block from the DJ software, make sure that you either click "size from quilt" or change the dimensions to 4" x 8". Otherwise it will print out 4.5" x 4.5". Ask me how I know this!
Old 01-06-2012, 07:37 PM

"I decided to swap the red and cream [muslin]. I think I like the red as the background color much better:"

Thank you QuiltnNan, I love this idea, think I'll do my blue and white this way. Another copycat! Bless you for putting this in a format I can see. I'm not exactly computer savvy.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by bchuggins View Post
I started the Dear Jane a year and a half ago. Then life got in the way and now I am happily back to it. I did my blocks at 4.5 and my triangles as 5 x 8 but I am not sure what the measurement would be for the corner Kites? Is there anyone out there that would know the dimensions? It really is alot of fun!
the kites are 8x8
Old 01-06-2012, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by katybob View Post
If you're printing the block from the DJ software, make sure that you either click "size from quilt" or change the dimensions to 4" x 8". Otherwise it will print out 4.5" x 4.5". Ask me how I know this!
Dimensions for triangels are 5 x 8"
Old 01-07-2012, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Anael View Post
Dimensions for triangels are 5 x 8"
Oops! Thanks, Anael. That'll teach me to read my replies before I post them!
Old 01-07-2012, 06:39 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dakotamaid View Post
"I decided to swap the red and cream [muslin]. I think I like the red as the background color much better:"

Thank you QuiltnNan, I love this idea, think I'll do my blue and white this way. Another copycat! Bless you for putting this in a format I can see. I'm not exactly computer savvy.
You're welcome, DakotaMaid. Will you use the blue for the background or the block pieces? What color blue? All the same color blue?
Old 01-07-2012, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
Thanks for the info on the Just Takes 2. I'll check that out.

I just got back from the fabric store. They have a 60% coupon going [Mill End Textiles - fairly local and don't do online orders]. I got a full bolt [20yds] of 48" wide muslin for just over $1/yd!!!! On top of that, I used the gift card my DD gave me for Christmas. WooHoo!

I decided to swap the red and cream [muslin]. I think I like the red as the background color much better: [ATTACH=CONFIG]300857[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300859[/ATTACH]
Score on your fabric! It's funny, I would never have thought to switch the red and cream but you are so right, the red background is much better. I have a hard time thinking outside the box sometimes. It's in my head that the neutral should be the background color. Having your 2 pictures to compare is really interesting.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:35 AM

"You're welcome, DakotaMaid. Will you use the blue for the background or the block pieces? What color blue? All the same color blue?"

I'm leaning toward the first one. Not sure, would like more of the color on the outside so am thinking, thinking. I'm using a royal blue, and white on white, all the same fabric. I let my daughter choose as it will be hers eventually. She is not a scrappy!!! LOL. She is also my biggest fan as she is not crafty or a sewer.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by bookworm View Post
Your BR1 looks a little odd. It should be the same size as the ruler. Unless you're doing a different size
hmmmmm I thought it looked odd too. I did print with the size to quilt clicked. I will have to go back to the drawing board and check it out. Maybe a lesson on how to use the ruler. Don't mind doing another one. so actually the triangles are much larger then the little squares????????
Old 01-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dakotamaid View Post
"You're welcome, DakotaMaid. Will you use the blue for the background or the block pieces? What color blue? All the same color blue?" I'm leaning toward the first one. Not sure, would like more of the color on the outside so am thinking, thinking. I'm using a royal blue, and white on white, all the same fabric. I let my daughter choose as it will be hers eventually. She is not a scrappy!!! LOL. She is also my biggest fan as she is not crafty or a sewer.
here's the blue/white with blue background or white background so you can compare [ATTACH=CONFIG]301180[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]301181[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]301184[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails white-background-dakotamaid.jpg   blue-background-dakotamaid.jpg   blue-background-blue-triangles-dakotamaid.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-07-2012 at 10:06 AM.