Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 06-05-2014, 05:09 PM

carriem- I think it looks great, well balanced with your other green round.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:51 PM

I think it looks great. I love green so in my mind there is no such thing as too much green.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:58 PM

carriem, looks good from here. If you think you want more "pop" you might try your gold-yellow color from the middle where your thin green border is and then put on the border you have made. The only reason I wouldn't add it between the 2 is because it looks like this last border fits your quilt very well and you would have to use a spacer somewhere to make it come out even. Hope I am making sense to you, the words or explanation just isn't coming tonight for some reason. Do you know what I'm trying to say for you to try??? But actually I see nothing wrong with what you have done at all!!! I think it looks great.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:14 PM

Thank you all for your input.

OK--I don't think I want to bring in a lot of gold in this border...it was mostly just to be an accent. I thought about maybe doing something with it in the corners if things didn't come out "even" with the "x"s in the corners, but that wasn't an issue.

Pam, I too like green so didn't know if I was using too much. It would be easy for me to go overboard with it.

jaba--I understand what you are saying. I might cut some gold strips and see what I think. It might not flow right...I'll see.

Maybe tomorrow night I will have a finished top to share!

Thanks again for this project! I will definitely be making more medallion/round robin type quilts in the future!
Old 06-06-2014, 10:10 PM

Hello again I'm still working on mine and have just finished the latest border. Now to think about the next one. I am thinking of putting a small border of the purple through again or not. I have to measure it and see what will fit next. The piano keys are 6 inch finished. Maybe a 4" finish next try.
Attached Thumbnails latest.jpg  
Old 06-07-2014, 03:58 AM

Quiltaddiction--your quilt is coming along nicely. Very bright and cheerful. I think a darker color next would be a good idea (like the purple you mentioned).
Old 06-07-2014, 04:26 AM

love your quilt top quiltaddiction its coming out very nice! I would go with one of the darker colors too just for variety and a 4 inch round is your call. is this your last round if so then maybe 6 would be better or even slightly larger because it would be the finished round. if you use a small one I think a larger one is the best for a finish so plan on two rounds to be happy. just my two bits

I think that green is great and that is not a Busy round at all. You could easily do as Jaba suggested maybe two rounds of a thin and thicker strip would be a nice finish.. a yellow and one of the other colors. just to close things off if your done. if not then go with what your heart tells you. I see you will be very happy with your quilt soon!

I cant sew a quilt for the life of me. I can sew table runners quilt them no trouble but a small throw is so tough for me to quilt that I could not join along on that one. I send mine to Jaba or themamahauser to quilt. I cant do a job nearly as well as they can. I wont even try. I have a simple regular sewing machine not a quilting machine and shoving thick items through it is not an easy task. I end up with one messed up quilt, lots of seam ripping then the pleading calls help me! so I gave it up! Any other ideas to start a new quilt along? and you should start a sew along if you want. sounds like there is a need for back up there and it would be a great monthly check in show what you have done, where your stuck, ideas for quilting patterns.. why not? sounds great! now to get someone to run that one! lol feel free to take the wheel its pretty simple a request of the admin to run that quilt along and your in. then just posting a few times a month and its not all that hard. sharing information is how we all improve.

So I will be on the look out for a new and exciting quilt to offer to share with everyone in the mean time I will be back to check on new posts. I am addicted to the photos!
Old 06-07-2014, 06:54 AM

Your quilt looks great QA. It's amazing how different ours look even though we used the same patterns on each round.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:35 AM

Here is my quilt finished. I had my dd and her friend hold it up...I didn't realize until I uploaded the picture that there was the fold line down to middle...oh well.
Attached Thumbnails dsc03540.jpg  
Old 06-07-2014, 08:06 AM

Love our quilt, Carrie. That green inspired me to get a batik light green yesterday for a scrappy green quilt! Also got the stashing for the BB and MB blocks from the PC buddies. And fabric for the Stormy River quilt...did enjoy the four of us going on the Iowa Shop Hop....hoping we go again before the end of the month up your way....will see...have my fingers crossed.