Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 01-27-2014, 06:59 AM

wow you guys have been working hard!

pink and blue quilts: adorable! the pink one especially caught my eye.. see a lot of red and white but not a lot of pink and white on the quilting board and I don't see why we don't see more! its beautiful!

butterflies: I love butterflies in all their colorful glory and lets see who else posted.. oh yes the orange tone quilt that really made it pop adding jaba's round to it!

amazing how many DIFFERENT quilts we are getting isn't it? I love the colors its like playing in a fabric store! I come up with all sorts of.. I want to do that.. and I have to try that one.. the ribbon that was shown is calling to me.. Brat over here! try me.. I wanted to do it on the last quilt I just finished.. but oh boy it was 59 inches across that would have taken me 100 yrs to get all those little blocks done. I think its going to have to be a center round on a future quilt.. maybe this one maybe not.. today just reattaching a round to another round robin that I changed out.. a couple seams to go. Glad to get that one out the door!
Old 01-27-2014, 07:20 AM

Can't wait to see these wonderful quilts when the next round is added. All are so very nice.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:34 PM

Wow cute blocks! Is it February yet!
Old 01-28-2014, 05:09 AM

Hint of the day: Your next easy round will either be 1) two fabrics one light and one darker value so you can see the contrast. or 2) three fabrics one light, one dark and one in between.. that's it your big hint I will show the options its the same block but with a different lay out. The reason being on the two options is sizing. One will fit better than others depending on the size your starting with and both rounds can be cut 2.5 inchs or 3.5 inches depending on what is going to fit your quilt top the best.. so its a flexible round! and the option to add a break up strip border will go with the 2.5 inch size so your quilt can .. calm down a bit? a little strip goes a long way in stopping the eye for a minute before you go onto the next adventure!

yippee yahoo I think this one will be pretty! sure hope so anyways lol or all of you will hunt me down like the goober than I have been known to be and well my place is sorta small so cant have you all over here at once .. better do a good job yuppers ...
Old 01-28-2014, 05:14 AM

ps my round can be done scrappy for the darker and medium values the light should be all the same color so it pulls it all together. start interviewing your fabrics now.. what do you see as the next color/fabric around your quilt..
Old 01-28-2014, 05:17 AM

Brat, now you have my mind swirling, colors, colors, colors, can't wait to see what you have come up with!
Old 01-28-2014, 06:23 AM

Brat: Your a tease. Really happy so far with mine, can hardly wait to add another round.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:35 AM

You've got me thinking about my 2nd round and I don't even have the 1st one on yet!
I'm over half done with the quilting on the quilt for the baby shower on saturday. Looks like I will get it done on time.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by emc1118 View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]458854[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]458857[/ATTACH]
My center and part of the first round.
Love the butterflies and your colors.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:07 PM

Pam: Good for you on the baby quilt. I am one of those people that work better on a deadline.