Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The Farmer's Wife Quilt Along Photo Page for Blocks 1 & 2 >

The Farmer's Wife Quilt Along Photo Page for Blocks 1 & 2

The Farmer's Wife Quilt Along Photo Page for Blocks 1 & 2

Old 08-05-2010, 05:28 PM

Here are my first two!! Go Andii! Go Andii! Go Andii!
PS I am so bad at this computer stuff-it's taken me longer to figure out how to attach the files than it did to make the blocks :oops: I hope they really are attached. :mrgreen:

Attic Windows
[ATTACH=CONFIG]92408[/ATTACH]

Autumn Tints
[ATTACH=CONFIG]92409[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-92403.jpe   attachment-92404.jpe  
Old 08-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Power Poster

Very nice.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:47 PM

Hello
I've been reading the message board for a while trying to gat a feel for the site.
I'm very interesting in participating in the Farmers Wife quilt but haven't figured out how to register and I haven't figured out how to pm so any help to get me connected to the right person, etc., would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks !!
Old 08-05-2010, 05:47 PM

Andii

Great blocks! I love the colors. You did a good job :thumbup:
Old 08-05-2010, 05:55 PM

Thank you everyone.

I love all the blocks.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Talk2late
Hello
I've been reading the message board for a while trying to gat a feel for the site.
I'm very interesting in participating in the Farmers Wife quilt but haven't figured out how to register and I haven't figured out how to pm so any help to get me connected to the right person, etc., would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks !!
Hi, Weclome to the board!
We have just started this journey. The first blocks were posted yesterday. Hop on board!!!
Old 08-05-2010, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Talk2late
Hello
Thanks !!
Go here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/user_pr...p?usernum=6910

Click on the blue SEND PM and tell Norbanaquilts that you want to take part. But you don't really have to. The directions for 2 new blocks will be posted each week and you can jump in any time.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Kooklabell
Well, I tried machine piecing, that didn't work so well. So, I'm hand piecing. The first block took three tries. The second came out pretty well with only one try. So, I'm no longer feeling nauseous or anxious. Well, not tonight. Tomorrow is another day and I see that basket block coming! UGHHHH :shock:

LOL I never would have even attempted this without this group. Thanks to all for your responses to my questions and the support and gentle guidance you offer.

Here's my blocks
I also hand pieced mine. They are just too small to do on the machine.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:31 PM

Kookla, you will see that Block #3 is sectioned in 4 pieces. Don't think of it as a whole at this point. If you cut and mark your pieces correctly you will be ok.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
Here's my first two blocks. After the long wait, it was sooooo much fun. I'm paper piecing anything that is beyond squares and triangles! I love the look.

For those who came in later, I learned something from someone's earlier comment. You can buy a program called BlockBase from Electric Quilt. It has all the blocks from Barbara Brackman's Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns. You can look up thousands of blocks.

The reason I got it is: 1) I don't have the money to buy EQ yet (maybe Christmas ;) ) It will interface with EQ if (and when) you buy it. Reason 2), when you find a block, you can have it print out a foundation for paper piecing, or have it print out rotary cutting instructions. It also does templates, which you don't need with FW because we have them, but later on might come in handy.

I got it mainly for the paper piecing instructions. Not all blocks have it, but it will certainly help! I got the paper piecing for the first block, Attic Windows.
I have EQ & Block Base and haven't been able to find all the patterns in Block Base that are in the book, but I'v found some and it's helping me so I don't have to redraw every block in EQ. Perhaps some have different names and I just don't know how to access all the names?

Pretty blocks!