Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The Farmer's Wife Quilt Along Photo Page for Blocks 1 & 2 >

The Farmer's Wife Quilt Along Photo Page for Blocks 1 & 2

The Farmer's Wife Quilt Along Photo Page for Blocks 1 & 2

Old 08-04-2010, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Suzanne57
I've got 10 blocks almost done. I still need to put the handle on the basket. But I will only post 1 & 2 at this time so I don't get too far ahead. I've been scanning them and putting them into a MS table that I got from the Yahoo group. That not only lets you keep track of which ones are done but also how they look together. The scanning program that I use also lets me crop before the scan so there's no white spaces around the block. I need to learn how to make the pictures on here a little smaller though.
If you have Microsoft Picture Manager, you can open your picture in that. Right click on picture, choose Open With... and then choose MS Picture Manager. Once the picture shows up in MS Pic Mgr, click on Edit Picture. There will be a side bar with options opened up. Choose compress pictures. I find that for emailing and for the Quilt Board that Web page option works well. Click the radio button next to Web page and click OK.

Now, if you want to keep the copy of your original block in the larger side, then you need to click Save As and save the compressed picture under a different name. When you go to exit MS Pic Mgr, it will say that you have not saved the file and ask if you want to save it. It is referring to your original picture. Click No.

Unfortunately Windows Photo Gallery does not have a compression feature.

There are other ways to do this, but I don't know other programs. Maybe someone can volunteer another way, especially if you don't have MS Pic Mgr.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
Fryguymoore, I love what you done with them! If I hadn't already done mine, I'd do my Attic Windows like that! I LOVE purple. It IS the color of royalty!LOL!
It is funny how one small change makes such a big difference. Both pookie and I modified Attic Windows only slightly but the difference is HUGH. I like how mine looks 'twisty,' almost like a candy wrapper. Thanks

Looking at all these is so much fun :thumbdown: :shock:
Yay. Glad I'm not alone in altering. I like the split corners, too. Looks good.

The original block reminds me of one of those rectangular desktop toys filled with blue oil that sloshes back and forth.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Suzanne57
I've got 10 blocks almost done. I still need to put the handle on the basket. But I will only post 1 & 2 at this time so I don't get too far ahead. I've been scanning them and putting them into a MS table that I got from the Yahoo group. That not only lets you keep track of which ones are done but also how they look together. The scanning program that I use also lets me crop before the scan so there's no white spaces around the block. I need to learn how to make the pictures on here a little smaller though.
Where do you find the table for this... it sounds very interesting. I am a member of the yahoo group, just can't find that. Thanks
Brooke
Old 08-04-2010, 02:47 PM

I am readyyyyyyyy but have been out in the heat and I cooked and all today lol....here my two. Everybody, looking good. I am so glad we are doing this as a group. It will keep us going.

I will be working on Muriel's cat quilt too at the same time, as I am already ahead 13 blocks lol.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-91850.jpe  
Old 08-04-2010, 02:50 PM

Where do you find the table for this... it sounds very interesting. I am a member of the yahoo group, just can't find that. Thanks
Brooke[/quote]

Go the the Yahoo website, files, spreadsheet examples, then Farmer's Daughter Quilt grid.doc It's a MS Word doc that you can paste pictures of your blocks in.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:54 PM

Darcene, I love your fabrics! Great choice.
Leakus
Old 08-04-2010, 03:09 PM

You all are terrific, what great looking blocks and look here, we've only been up a few hours and already on page 3 here its great.
I love all the fabric choices such variety and creativity already.
Darcene and I will both be using Kansas Troubles for our quilts.
Keep up the great work all,
muriel
Old 08-04-2010, 03:18 PM

Thanks suzanne, I found it and got it all set up for a king! :lol: I can't wait to start!!
Old 08-04-2010, 03:20 PM

Wow, I am impressed, we've only been up a few hours officially and look at all these beautiful blocks already and what fantastic variety or colors and textures. This is going to be so much fun.

Darcene and I are both going to use Kansas Troubles in our blocks, I just love the rich colors of these.

Jags, I still think you are nutty to be 2 of them with such small blocks, they are going to be wonderful when done tho.

Keep up the good work,
Muriel
Old 08-04-2010, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by AkAngel

Darcene and I are both going to use Kansas Troubles in our blocks, I just love the rich colors of these.

Keep up the good work,
Muriel
I originally thought I would work exclusively with the Kansas Troubles, but a trip to the LQS changed my mind when I found a group of Jo Morton prints and some Civil War reproductions...so now I will be combining all of the above fabrics, but I do want an old time, old pattern and old fabric look when I get done so who knows what may creep in over time.

Great work everybody, this is going to be a great group to work along with.

Darcene