Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • The Farmer's Wife Quilt Along Photo Page for Blocks 1 & 2 >
  • The Farmer's Wife Quilt Along Photo Page for Blocks 1 & 2

• The Farmer's Wife Quilt Along Photo Page for Blocks 1 & 2

Old 11-12-2011, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
    Oh fun, Nicky! I have used 3 of those fabrics (the center blues) many years ago! Glad to have you aboard the FWS train.
    OkSewGlad, that is so funny. I got two bags of these small prints at a flea market this summer for one dollar. Who knew?
    Old 11-12-2011, 08:33 PM

Here are my Blocks #1 Attic Window and #2 Autumn Tints. I decided to make each group of two with the same fabrics, so that all the blocks will coordinate better.
    Attached Thumbnails fws-1-attic-window-2-autumn-tints.jpg  
    Old 11-12-2011, 09:14 PM
    Power Poster

To a certain extent, I find that's what I've been doing too. Oh too funny about the bag of scraps. I am finally getting rid of some of those remants of the 80's here and there.
    Old 11-12-2011, 09:21 PM

Very pretty
    Old 11-12-2011, 09:39 PM
    Power Poster

Welcome NickyLSF to the FWS!! I'm one of the latecomers too.

Looks like you're off to a great start with two really nice blocks!

Me? I've been helter skelter in my fabrics. So, no, my pairs are not usually matching! I have all my fabrics segregated and as I do a block I look at what's been made and what colours I need more/less of .... and what I think will work nice in the block.

We'll look forward to seeing more of your blocks soon!

P.S. The "Pioneers" have been very supportive to we late starters, though now have lost their "watch" updates for the FWS threads. As you have pairs posted, you could join OKSewGlad and I in posting them on this thread, as most seem to have picked it back up.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...e-t151010.html
    I'm hoping to get my latest ones posted tomorrow/Sunday ... if all goes well!

Last edited by QuiltE; 11-12-2011 at 09:45 PM.
    Old 11-13-2011, 08:50 AM

Thanks, QuiltE! This is really fun, even though I have other projects I am trying to finish! I am doing the Houses and the Stars BOM's, and have two quilts in progress that are gifts for friends.

It is a challenge finding the threads for the first FWS blocks, but I did bookmark a page that has a list of links for most of them.

I joined the Yahoo Group that has pdf files for paper pieced patterns for all the blocks. PP is my favorite method! I have Quilt Pro that can also generate foundation patterns from either stock or drafted blocks, so I should be good to go either way.
    Old 11-13-2011, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by nickylsf
    Hi All, I hope it's not too late to start! I ordered the book today, and in the meantime drafted the first two blocks in Quilt Pro for Mac. Here is my Attic Window, paper pieced.
    Nicky, welcome to the group! It's so much fun to see people starting up and then get to see their blocks as they post them. I love your blocks and the colors. You've got a good eye.

I started with the original group back in Aug 2010. I kept up with them in fits and starts, but am going all out to finish now. I only have 24 more to go! I'm planning on starting The Pony Club quilt with the original group here in January. I'm putting the pedal to the metal to get FWS finished before then!

Welcome, welcome!
    Old 11-13-2011, 09:40 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by nickylsf
    Thanks, QuiltE! This is really fun, even though I have other projects I am trying to finish! I am doing the Houses and the Stars BOM's, and have two quilts in progress that are gifts for friends.

It is a challenge finding the threads for the first FWS blocks, but I did bookmark a page that has a list of links for most of them.

I joined the Yahoo Group that has pdf files for paper pieced patterns for all the blocks. PP is my favorite method! I have Quilt Pro that can also generate foundation patterns from either stock or drafted blocks, so I should be good to go either way.
    I agree that the finding of the FWS threads are now difficult. I'll be on the search tmro/Monday as I have a bunch of pics to post and will be hunting out those threads. Get yourself linked onto the thread I gave you in my previous post, and then once I post the threads/blocks I posted to, you'll be able to find those ones easy enough by stalking me. Also, stalk Honchey's threads and you'll find all the threads. Just that in this new system they are not in their tidy order they were in the old one.
    Old 11-14-2011, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
    Nicky, welcome to the group! It's so much fun to see people starting up and then get to see their blocks as they post them. I love your blocks and the colors. You've got a good eye.

I started with the original group back in Aug 2010. I kept up with them in fits and starts, but am going all out to finish now. I only have 24 more to go! I'm planning on starting The Pony Club quilt with the original group here in January. I'm putting the pedal to the metal to get FWS finished before then!

Welcome, welcome!
    Thanks for your warm welcome Nonnie. I don't think I even want to look at the Pony Club info yet as I have quite a bit on my plate. I am very excited about FWS though! Congrats on only 24 more blocks to go!
    Old 11-14-2011, 07:54 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltE
    I agree that the finding of the FWS threads are now difficult. I'll be on the search tmro/Monday as I have a bunch of pics to post and will be hunting out those threads. Get yourself linked onto the thread I gave you in my previous post, and then once I post the threads/blocks I posted to, you'll be able to find those ones easy enough by stalking me. Also, stalk Honchey's threads and you'll find all the threads. Just that in this new system they are not in their tidy order they were in the old one.

Go to Home page. Towards the bottom on a darker bar; click on User Defined Topics. "The Farmers Wife Quilt Along", there are 46 threads located, but let's be realistic there are 52 weeks in the year and there were usually 3 threads per week--Discussion, rotary instructions, and pics. Where are the other 100+ threads? I am now running an Advanced Search and only 39 threads came up Using "The Farmers Wife Quilt Along" tag and only 29 came up. It is better to go to "Honchey"'s profile and think they are all there.