Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: The Farmer's Wife Quilt-Along Week 14 Photo Page for Blocks 27 & 28

I like it in some ways and not in others. But when there are tiny hst I just can't see any other way. It sort of seems like cheating (HA) but the triangles and squares are way more similar and come out way better. I have done a couple with the rotary cutting instructions and I like that too for certain blocks. It seems to me that each block has a "best way" to do it. Some using templates, some using rotary cutting and some using PP.

Yep, I cheated, but I go thte idea from these thread. I have had enough of those tiny HST's!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by roxannebcb
    I have a question. When I paper piece the front side comes out going in the opposite direction. On Block 27 Darting Birds that is not going to work? Did you just have the block face the opposite direction? I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not? Sheesh. I was doing just fine and - wham! I hit a wall with this one.
    roxanne
    I kept having that problem until I realized I needed to do the backside of the paper piecing fabric. Are you getting your pp from the FW group on Yahoo?

What I do is set my pp pattern - face up on my printer/copier. Then turn the dark/light setting on your printer as dark as you can get it. When you copy the pattern it will come out backwards. I hope that makes sense.

The other way to do it is to tape your pattern face down to a window and put another plain paper over it and trace the pattern onto the new piece of paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey
    Sorry, I didn't start these blocks yet, maybe in a couple of days when I feel better. Anne
    Well, 9 months later and see what I produced :-P

I must say it IS busy!!!

FWS Block # 28 Duck & Ducklings
    Name:  Attachment-245624.jpe
Views: 9
Size:  123.7 KB

I like it--it's colorful without knocking you over. Don't you love that "crackle" fabric? I used that in red for my border strips. Great job on all your triangles (as usual). You are the little engine that could!! You're really catching up fast.

Quote Originally Posted by fryguymoore
    Yep, I cheated, but I go thte idea from these thread. I have had enough of those tiny HST's!!!!
    Hi Fry, I like your version...I still have to do this block...maybe just like yours :XD: :XD:

Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    I like it--it's colorful without knocking you over. Don't you love that "crackle" fabric? I used that in red for my border strips. Great job on all your triangles (as usual). You are the little engine that could!! You're really catching up fast.
    Hi Jan, I have photos for 95 blocks but when I count them I only come up with 89 . They are hidden somewhere!!

Ooooo! Sigh! I love your block Anne. I want to steal your fabric. I'm sure your blocks will turn up soon. I lost my first five blocks because I left them on the swap table at my guild! Luckily, I got them back!

Why Thank You, QN.

Sorry, I didn't start these blocks yet, maybe in a couple of days when I feel better. Anne
    Well, 9 months later and see what I produced :-P

I must say it IS busy!!!
    Up close yes, maybe a tad much .... and if every block in the quilt were the same.
    Stand back and look at it from a distance ... it's got a beauty of its own!

I seem to be doing my blocks in bunches. I've had a bunch finished for a while and have a bunch more cut, but I won't be able to sew them up until after the holidays. At least for now I can post pictures through block #35 (on the appropriate photo threads) and then I can get on with adding the sashing to one side of each block, as I'm doing that as I go rather than saving it all for the end. So here are my blocks #27 & 28:

Sewconnie, I love the x-mas theme. The blocks are so pretty!

SewConnie ... Being the Newbie here, I'm really enjoying these blocks of yours. Have you shown any with the sash added? I'm totally curious as to what you have chosen for the sashing/cornerstones.

... will be posting my first ones this weekend, I hope. I think there's about a dozen done now.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE
    SewConnie ... Being the Newbie here, I'm really enjoying these blocks of yours. Have you shown any with the sash added? I'm totally curious as to what you have chosen for the sashing/cornerstones.

... will be posting my first ones this weekend, I hope. I think there's about a dozen done now.
    I'm using a warm beige for the sashing with a deep green for the cornerstones. If you go to the FWS thread that shows the first 25 blocks completed, I posted there and it shows my choices. I look forward to seeing your blocks too.

Quote Originally Posted by sew cornie
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE

I'm using a warm beige for the sashing with a deep green for the cornerstones. If you go to the FWS thread that shows the first 25 blocks completed, I posted there and it shows my choices. I look forward to seeing your blocks too.
    Thanks SC ... I'm skidaddling over to take a look. Though I've only started, I've been thinking about sashing already!

Love those blocks sc. You're going to have a wonderful quilt!

I had thought I was going to use medium brown for sashing and have bought it early on. But seeing how much everyone tried different things along the way, I'm not sure. The other "gals" got a lot of blocks done and started auditioning colors.

I know there is a thread where people who are done are showing their quilts. Maybe someone will post the thread, because I can't seem to figure out which it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bell
    I hope to start my blocks during Christmas break. I am way behind.
    I wrote this message almost a year ago!!

Well, here I am, 2 months before Christmas 2011 and I have yet to make my first block. I guess I am a LOOKER and not a DOER.

I just love looking at everyone's blocks. They are all fabulous and I am envious of all of you for making such beautiful blocks. Keep up the good work.

I hope to start my blocks during Christmas break. I am way behind.
    I wrote this message almost a year ago!!

Well, here I am, 2 months before Christmas 2011 and I have yet to make my first block. I guess I am a LOOKER and not a DOER.

I just love looking at everyone's blocks. They are all fabulous and I am envious of all of you for making such beautiful blocks. Keep up the good work.
    It's not too late ... I'm only getting started! Please join me and some of the others that are just getting at it!

All in good time... I couldn't have managed this a few years ago and I would never have been able to quilt while the kids were at home. (hats off to those of you that do).

To every thing there is a season and time for every purpose under heaven.

Very wise words--and true too!

Dropping by to re-activate for auto-notifications!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Thanks to hopscotching a pair gets made faster!
    #27 -- Darting Birds
    and #28 -- Duck and Duckling
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4