Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The Farmer's Wife Quilt-Along Week 14 Photo Page for Blocks 27 & 28 >

The Farmer's Wife Quilt-Along Week 14 Photo Page for Blocks 27 & 28

The Farmer's Wife Quilt-Along Week 14 Photo Page for Blocks 27 & 28

Old 01-16-2011, 11:05 PM

My Block 28
Attached Thumbnails attachment-162124.jpe  
Old 01-17-2011, 05:38 AM

Very nice-cute fabric choices. You're moving right along, Roxanne-good job!
Old 01-17-2011, 08:28 AM

Oh thank you. It's sort of scary when I look at the scanned pictures. I don't know what it is but my blocks don't do well in the light of day!
Old 01-17-2011, 09:39 AM

Neither do mine! I had a "melt down" the other day and just about threw in the towel (or fabric in this case). I look at the other blocks and think they're perfect and mine look like a beginner's. Everyone here was so encouraging and now I'm embarrassed I was whining. I think we all see the flaws in our own work but don't see them in other people's blocks. We are our own worst critics!! After my pity party I've gotten right back to making my blocks. You're doing great--just keep on plugging and enjoying the process. Plus, I'm learning so much from each block and from each person that posts on here.
Peace-Jan
Old 01-17-2011, 11:06 AM

Roxanne & JanRN, It's true! I do mine on a scanner and it misses NOTHING! I see little threads peeking out in the seams. Before I even scan I meticulously pick off each thread, piece of lint etc. Everything is magnified by taking a picture! It's scary. :shock:

Of course the block is going to be with 100 more in a quilt so it will not have the scrutiny that a photo allows.

Blocks, and quilts, look best at a distance. Unfortunately arms length is not enough. I think I should pin it on a wall and walk away 6-8 feet!

Remember the galloping horse rule! :wink:

And BTW, Roxanne, I think your 38 is great. I love the colors and it looks terrific.

JanRN, Your blocks always amaze me.

I guess there's always someone who we can look up to and admire, and then again, someone who is looking at ours and admiring also. :lol:

>>>
Old 01-17-2011, 09:57 PM

I have a question. When I paper piece the front side comes out going in the opposite direction. On Block 27 Darting Birds that is not going to work? Did you just have the block face the opposite direction? I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not? Sheesh. I was doing just fine and - wham! I hit a wall with this one.
roxanne
Old 01-17-2011, 10:18 PM

QuiltingNinaSue your fabric is totally cool. Can't wait to see your blocks all together.
Roxanne
Old 01-18-2011, 01:37 PM

roxanne, your block is beautiful! I love the fabrics and colors. :thumbup:
Old 01-18-2011, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
Roxanne & JanRN, It's true! I do mine on a scanner and it misses NOTHING! I see little threads peeking out in the seams. Before I even scan I meticulously pick off each thread, piece of lint etc. Everything is magnified by taking a picture! It's scary. :shock:

Of course the block is going to be with 100 more in a quilt so it will not have the scrutiny that a photo allows.

Blocks, and quilts, look best at a distance. Unfortunately arms length is not enough. I think I should pin it on a wall and walk away 6-8 feet!

Remember the galloping horse rule! :wink:

And BTW, Roxanne, I think your 38 is great. I love the colors and it looks terrific.

JanRN, Your blocks always amaze me.

I guess there's always someone who we can look up to and admire, and then again, someone who is looking at ours and admiring also. :lol:

>>>
Qiulting Nonnie - I loved what you said - thakn you. I try to think about the fact that my kids are not as meticulous as I am aboaut this and they will just love the quilt for all the work in it. I am going to hand quilt mine and it will be my first hand quilting. Maybe after we are done we could start a handquilting thread for those of us newbies??
Old 01-18-2011, 04:10 PM

Maybe after we are done we could start a handquilting thread for those of us newbies??[/quote]

That would be fun! I'm still a novice. The first piece I did was 22x22. The second piece I did was a 40x40" wall hanging. Now I'm doing a full size quilt. I'm working my way up to queen size!